cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Driver side sun visor

tarnold
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for an extra sun visor that will clip to the existing visor. Found many that will hang down from existing, but I want one that will work on drivers door side as well as the current one in the front at the same time. For when the sun is getting you from the side and front at the same time. Yes, could mount an identical to current on the side, but not exactly what I want. Any ideas? This is for an "E" series Ford.
10 REPLIES 10

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
tarnold wrote:
OP again. Still looking. What I had in mind was like two large "bulldog paper clamps" that are some how hinged to allow up and down motion. Hard to describe but imagine pulling stock visor down and keeping aux visor "level" to door. The roll up idea might have to work.

Found a Ebay auction picture which has the aux visor my old 97 F250 had.. HERE added ebay link since the photo didn't come over very well..

Notice the little visors on the upper right of the pix?

Those little visors were mounted just above the main visor (IE roof).

When you unclipped the main visor and moved it over the drivers window the aux visor could then be flipped down to cover the windshield.

Loved those little aux visors! Sure wish they were available in new vehicles..

Would be a pain to retrofit them since you would have to come up with a good secure mount under the headliner for them to screw into..

TakingThe5th
Explorer
Explorer
This might work - Aircraft sunshade
TakingThe5th - Chicago, Western Suburbs
'05 Ford F350 Crew 6.0 DRW Bulletproofed. Pullrite Super 5th 18K 2100 hitch.
'13 Keystone Cougar 333MKS, Maxxfan 7500, Progressive EMS-HW50C, Grey Water System.

tarnold
Explorer
Explorer
OP again. Still looking. What I had in mind was like two large "bulldog paper clamps" that are some how hinged to allow up and down motion. Hard to describe but imagine pulling stock visor down and keeping aux visor "level" to door. The roll up idea might have to work.

3boxerss
Explorer
Explorer
What about those little roll up sunshades they have for kids that are in the back in a car seat. They attach with suction cups to the window would they work?
2017 Wildwood XLite 201BHXL
2016 Ford F250
Previous Camper 2001 Bantam B19 by Trail Lite

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
TakingThe5th wrote:
tarnold wrote:
So, what did you use to get the extra visor?

Try searching for Side Sun Visors -

Side Sun Visors

That would not be usable with any vehicle that has side curtain air bags.

My 97 F250 had an extra OEM "visor" that was hidden by the main visor, unhook the main visor and swing it over the drivers window. Then you could fold down the extra small visor.

Loved that second visor!

Was bummed the day it broke and was no longer usable..

Tried to order another.. No luck, discontinued, no longer available from the dealer..

Have never ever seen that setup again..

Highly doubt I will ever see that setup again due to new vehicles having a boat load of side curtain air bags..

TakingThe5th
Explorer
Explorer
tarnold wrote:

Try searching for Side Sun Visors -

Side Sun Visors
'13 Keystone Cougar 333MKS, Maxxfan 7500, Progressive EMS-HW50C, Grey Water System.

TakingThe5th
Explorer
Explorer
tarnold wrote:

A place in Chicago called Warshawsky's sold me a two-headed sun visor for my VW bug.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
No worse than a six year old winding up her younger sister's head in the back seat window...thank god it was crank-type and an adult came running...

tarnold
Explorer
Explorer

TakingThe5th
Explorer
Explorer
I tried that once. I don't know how many times I hit my head on that thing because I failed to flip it up out of the way before exiting. If I were to try that again I would mount the visor to the door.