cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ENGINE A/C PROBLEM, NOT ALWAYS COOLING

Coachmen63
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2006 Coachmen Aurora Class A motor home with a Ford F53 chassis and a 6.8L V10 engine. We are having intermittent problems with the engine A/C system. We've evacuated the system (3 times), replaced the dryer and expansion valve, but still have a problem. When the expansion valve was replaced this week, the air coming out of the vents was 36-38 degrees when checked by the mechanic. When I picked up the motor home and drove home, the air from the vents was approx. 62 degrees. The pressures are holding so I don't have a leak in the system and the coach only has 16,000 miles on it. I was wondering if we may have a problem with either the vacuum for the door or the door is catching when trying to shut off the heat side of the system. I've been trying to find more detail about the Evans Tempcon system and did find a pdf that show the major system components. Anyone have any suggestions where we go from here? I don't want to keep chasing parts. Thanks for any help you can provide. Service center for this a/c system is a solid 3 hr. drive away.
15 REPLIES 15

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure the heater control valve is properly closing off hot coolant to the heater core. If there is a vacuum leak the system would start blowing from the defrost outlet instead of the vent outlets when under low vaccum operation such as heavy acceleration.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad