cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What fin for thermistor in Norcold N612 fridge

DAS26miles
Explorer
Explorer
My Norcold N612 was been running warmer and I moved the thermistor up the fin about 1 inch. Now it's really up about 8 degrees warmer still. Where exactly does the thermistor belong? Is it fin 6 half way up? And how do I make it colder?
9 REPLIES 9

DAS26miles
Explorer
Explorer
Just came back from a beach trip. Fridge is working great even in the heat. Freezing my jug of lemonade. Have to turn it down a notch or two. Had the fridge down to 29 in the morning.

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
I usually freeze a gallon water jug and put it in the refrigerator, turn the Dometic on, and go grocery shopping in route at a wal mart, which ever one it is I spend the night in the first night. Get up in the morning and go shopping, after the fridge has been on all night.

Jug of frozen water comes out when the food goes in.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
rexlion wrote:
I was told by an RV tech that the fin farthest to the right is for coldest temp. (That doesn't prove anything... I'm just relaying what he told me.)

I assume you know that an empty refrigerator will not hold its coolness worth a hoot... so, do you have some bottled water or anything else inside there? That fridge needs to have stuff in it to really show you what it can do.

My Norcold (in previous TT) was not getting cold enough, so as an experiment I tried hanging a fan outside the upper vent to suck air out that vent (pulling cooler air in lower vent). The fridge temp dropped 18 degrees. If you try this and it works, just wire a computer muffin fan into place inside the vent and let it run.

Another way to cope, at least on a temporary basis, is to freeze a gallon jug of water or two and place in the fridge before you leave. Of course, if you are camping in hot weather this ice won't last more than a couple of days; but if you're headed to where it is cooler the fridge will also be cooler.

Far right fin......Dometic

2nd, 5th fin, 10th fin....Depends on which Norcold Model
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

DAS26miles
Explorer
Explorer
It's working fine now. Moved it back to where it was. Cooled off here and the temp is now down to 34 in the fridge and 0 in the freezer. Going to start packing the fridge for the trip so everything gets really cold overnight.
Thanks

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I was told by an RV tech that the fin farthest to the right is for coldest temp. (That doesn't prove anything... I'm just relaying what he told me.)

I assume you know that an empty refrigerator will not hold its coolness worth a hoot... so, do you have some bottled water or anything else inside there? That fridge needs to have stuff in it to really show you what it can do.

My Norcold (in previous TT) was not getting cold enough, so as an experiment I tried hanging a fan outside the upper vent to suck air out that vent (pulling cooler air in lower vent). The fridge temp dropped 18 degrees. If you try this and it works, just wire a computer muffin fan into place inside the vent and let it run.

Another way to cope, at least on a temporary basis, is to freeze a gallon jug of water or two and place in the fridge before you leave. Of course, if you are camping in hot weather this ice won't last more than a couple of days; but if you're headed to where it is cooler the fridge will also be cooler.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
DAS26miles wrote:
It's now on 10th fin 1/3 up. On 5 coldest setting.
Leaving tomorrow am for 4 days and fridge is 49 freezer 10.
Can't put food in fridge

Moving thermistor UP/DOWN doesn't work on a fridge that has an adjustable temp control.

With it on 6th fin the thermostat was not getting correct temp sensing.
With it now on 10th.....should be cold in food compartment by departure time.

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
Do you get the same results on both gas and electric?

A couple of years ago my Dometic would not cool well on gas. Found the regulator was bad. Low pressure caused low flame and box at 50 degrees.

Cooling on electric (120 volts AC) was good.
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

DAS26miles
Explorer
Explorer
It's now on 10th fin 1/3 up. On 5 coldest setting.
Leaving tomorrow am for 4 days and fridge is 49 freezer 10.
Can't put food in fridge

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
10th fin mid-position

What temp set point do you have it on? 1-5 (coldest)