cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended run, homemade or store bought?

tealboy
Explorer
Explorer
Are most of you making your own extended run systems or buying a kit that is already mostly assembled for your Honda’s ?

Any input on what you are did would be appreciated.

I looked at the berg system and it seems fine other than the cap will no longer allow you to turn off the vent. Plus, it is pricey. Reviews seem so so but I think that’s mostly related to gas cap leaks. The caps must be secured very tightly, apparently.
10 REPLIES 10

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
We built our own for a fraction of the cost of the premade units. We explain how-to here. Those that can't get it to work aren't taking care to be sure everything is sealed properly so there are no air leaks. It's an easy project and ours lasted for a very long time under adverse conditions. Chuck

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
Purchased an Already assembled tanK, gas lines with quick connect fittings and tee and aluminum replacement gas caps to run my 2 Honda 2000i ‘s from worked out great , first attempt was home made didn’t work as well
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
Retired, don't care for golf, need to stay out of the sun, fishing is out, so putter in the garage.

I mimicked what I saw online. Tight working space so bought the aluminum billet cap and used a brass elbow coming out of cap. Used 1/4" line and had some issues. The interweb said that it was a vacuum leak. Could not eliminate the issue, would stop delivering fuel. looked the setup over and replaced the 1/4" line with 3/16", not 1 issue since!

Did I inadvertently eliminate a vacuum leak, I do not think so, or is the 1/4" line too much for the tiny little pump in the Honda?? No priming bulb with the 3/16" line either.

Adapting the 1/4" fittings to 3/16 was a bit of a challenge and took a bit of creativity.

The gubbermint spouts, all in the garbage, use a transmission funnel for most of my filling.

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
Purchased an Already assembled tanK, gas lines with quick connect fittings and tee and aluminum replacement gas caps to run my 2 Honda 2000i ‘s from worked out great , first attempt was home made didn’t work as well
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
this guy has a interesting way for his extended fuel system Honda EU2000i extended Fuel range

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
ajriding wrote:
Lynmoor, what is it you are showing in the SPOUTS link? There are a dozen products on that page, and none seem to have a tube extend to the bottom of the gas can

I am showing gas can spouts used to fill a gas tank without damaging the top of the fill hole. If you buy or build an extended run tank, it will not work if the fuel tank has a knackered top edge.

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
I made my own using a boat gas tank and fittings and gas caps off ebay. That way the hoses come off comletely, and I can us it with either one or both of my Hondas without extra hoses laying around.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
Do not use the gubberment approved gas cans that push down on the tank edge,

Those things are terrible, I usually dump more gas on the ground than in the tank.

ajriding
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lynmoor, what is it you are showing in the SPOUTS link? There are a dozen products on that page, and none seem to have a tube extend to the bottom of the gas can

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
You can buy the parts and assemble a system in your home, or you can buy the parts that are assembled in another home for much more money. All standard parts except for the gas cap which you can get on eBay in a variety of designs.

Do not use the gubberment approved gas cans that push down on the tank edge, they will indent the surface caused an air leak that cannot be tolerated with an extended run system. Use spouts like this if needed.