cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Exterior wall vent fix

NorseNW
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure how "technical" this is but I'm wondering if anyone has an idea for a fix for this. I lost one of the two tabs (circled in the picture) that secure the vent flap for when you are driving. I can't find anything online that allows you to buy just a new plastic deal. The new vent assembly is only $12 but than I'm looking a more involved replacement project.

My theory was to fashion something to go on the bottom of the flap. Similar setup as the side vent tabs but larger and easier to access. Maybe just screw it into the bottom of the plastic assembly?

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Vents-and-Fans/Ventline/V2111-13.html

Sorry just realized posting photos is beyond my capabilities on this site. Above is the link to the piece I'm talking about
19 REPLIES 19

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
delete

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Go to your closest hardware store and ask to see their plastic (may say nylon on package) "screen clips". Buy the ones best suited for your needs. I know stores like Ace and Lowe's have an assortment of them. The cost is negligible.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

NorseNW
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. I knew I forgot something simple![img][/img]

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
How about a thin mirror clip or velcro?
Try this for posting photos:
photo posting
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Isn't one of the little locking gizmo's enough? Does it really need two?