cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fresh Water System Leakage

Bill_Carry
Explorer
Explorer
I'm experiencing leakage out of the fresh water inlet. I assume there is a check valve in the system to prevent backflow from the water tank to the inlet, perhaps in the pump. Its a SureFlo pump, at least ten years old. For the time being I cap off the inlet when not hooked up and that works.

Thanks for any advice.
1994 Georgie Boy Swinger
6.5 TD Chevy P-30
3 REPLIES 3

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
A few years ago, we had the pump suddenly start cycling on its on in the middle of a 3 week trip. I tracked it down to the shore water inlet check valve letting water out. At least all of the leaked water was OUTSIDE of the RV. I bought a garden hose shut off valve and screwed it to the shore water inlet and closed the valve. That solved the problem until I could get home. When at home, I replaced the check valve.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
The check valve is inside the fresh water connection. I believe it is about $15 or so.

These posts are common in the spring because people damage the check valve when winterizing.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
If capping the "city water inlet" stops the pump from cycling, then the check valve in the inlet is bad. Replacements of the inlet and valve unit is readily available. You remove the inlet from the outside, but the hose may be difficult to get to depending on the slack they gave you.