cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fridge fans

chesterb
Explorer
Explorer
What kind of fan does everyone have for their fridge? There are a couple on eBay like this one: Clicky. Or do you just use a simple battery powered box shaped one?

Also what is the purpose of this Valterra vent fan Here? It looks like it cools the back of the fridge. Is this really necessary?

Do any of these extend the life of the fridge?
2011 Dodge 2500 Hemi, Crewcab, 4x4, 4.10
2013 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
21 REPLIES 21

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
The computer fan you posted a link to helps alot. The fan in the rear will depend on many factors.
Where your fridge is located...in a slide?
The venting behind your fridge.
Do you have an upper access above the coils?
The ambient temps you usually camp in. Under 90* is usually better.
If your venting is good you may not need one. If it's in a slide it may already have one.
If you have access to the area above the coils you can put a multiple set of fans to create a really good draft.
try one of the inside the fridge fans first and see what kind of results you get. Add fans behind after that.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

kcgaz
Explorer
Explorer
We use the little blue battery operated unit from WalMart, works well for us and it was cheap!

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I wqould use the one that goes in the back of the refer(exterior access). I used one from radio shack 12 volt DC until I fixed the vetilation problem that exists on many rigs.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

hallock5
Explorer
Explorer
a creative solution using computer fan here
2008 Jayco Eagle Superlite 28.5RLS
2002 Ford 4x4 SuperCab 7.3 (Jr International) Diesel

Sad to say, time to sell to a good home.

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Our fridge is very little. Just use a battery operated fan . Purchased one last year and it was died after one use. But the one I got this year was good. This year's is in the link.
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

dupreet
Explorer
Explorer
I'd pass on the one on eBay. I bought one last year...it works and is convenient that it pulls power from the fridge's light, but the little cubes probably take up less actual space. The single alligator clip attachment to the fins is a bit hinky.

Todd
Todd

1993 Ford E-350 pushed by a 1988 Wilderness 24' TT

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
the fan for the inside of the frig keeps the cool air in motion YES they do help . theres others on e bay around $15.bucks and on the outside YES it pulls the hot air out of the tight area behind the frig. also others on e bay . price should be in the $10. or less range . some use computer fans.