cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fridge Seems to be running odd - Says AC but running on gas

Imotay
Explorer
Explorer
ok Totally Bizarre. My fridge indicates it is running on AC but is really running on gas and vice versa. I was able to determine this by checking the electrical connections. The fridge panel reads AC when the GFI is tripped - no outlets in the RV work, no power to the actual outlet the fridge is plugged into. This test was done using an outlet tester. When it reads AC, the gas has ignited and the blue flame is blowing. When I reset the GFI - all of the outlets come back including the one for the fridge. I plug the fridge back into the outlet, the flame from the gas cuts out but the light in the fridge panel reads LP. Seems to be cooling like it is running on AC.
The fridge seems to be working but the lights are backwards and it is irritating. I am afraid this is indicative of something else that could be hazardous. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4

Imotay
Explorer
Explorer
it is a Norcold 6162. On another note, this just started happening. Worked correctly up until now

poncho62
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure how the fridge display is wired, but it sounds like a couple of wires are backwards.

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
The obvious would be that someone was working on the board and reversed the lights when putting it back together.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

Chris_Bryant
Explorer II
Explorer II
Make and model of the refrigerator?
-- Chris Bryant