cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gas Regulator Auto Changeover Moving by Itself

rvhippo
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new Jayco trailer. I have two 20lbs. propane tanks hooked up to a regulator with an auto changeover. The strange thing is that the tank selector lever will move by itself.

For example, I set the lever to draw from the right tank. As I use propane the lever moves by itself towards the six o'clock position. I thought that the lever would remain stationary. Is this normal operation? Thanks in advance for any replies.
7 REPLIES 7

joshuajim
Explorer II
Explorer II
RVing since 1995.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Defective...replace it
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
It shouldn't move. I used that lever to know which tanks is empty, and to remove to be filled. Even though the switch over is automatic.
Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
2017 Forest River Cardinal 3850RL

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad

rvhippo
Explorer
Explorer
It slowly moves by itself. It's not road vibration - it will move by itself when the trailer is stationary.

I should still get full gas flow no matter where the selector lever is pointing? I don't want to lean out any appliances and burn them out. I'm hoping it can wait until I can bring the trailer in to have bigger issues like the misaligned slide fixed all at once.

I think this trailer is cursed or I got a lemon. So far I've had to had the axles re-welded, brake failure, roof leak, slide alignment and small minor issues. I hope it's just "teething" problems and things will get better once the initial problems are solved.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've never heard of that happening. Does it keep moving, or does it stop at 6 o'clock? Sure nobody is messing with you? ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The lever should not move. Doug