cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

heater AC same time

Ropdoc
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, it's cold outside. hovering 31. I turn on the Heater, set it to 58 degrees. It clicks on, BUT so does the AC. And the AC is cold. I have tried cycling thru the settings. Changing the temp. Turned off then back on. I even went outside and turned off the main power for 30 seconds. AC and heat at the same time. It is freezing in here. HOW DO I FIX THIS?

Thank you all for your patient advice.
6 REPLIES 6

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thermostat...
Set FAN to auto'
Set to HEAT mode
Set temp to higher temp then room temp is

T-stat should 'click. and then furnace fan should come on and blow for 30-90 seconds THEN burner click and flame ignition

If you haven't used in a while it may take several attempts due to lack of propane flow at furnace

Furnace is ALL 12V DC......so when you turn t-stat on and no fan starts then check DC Fuses in DC Dist Panel (converter)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Moved from Forum Technical Support

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
20 demerits for a senior posting in FTS.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Need to know what model RV you have.
Are you absolutely sure the A/C compressor is really running.....or are you assuming that because of the cold air ??

Several "normal" possibilities exist:

The cold air is just sitting in the ducts and will take a few minutes to be purged.

You have a heat pump....which reverses the A/C to make heat and takes a while to get noticeably warm (will never get really hot).

There is a humidity sensor that runs heat and A/C together on purpose.

Have you let it run for 5 minutes or so to see what happens ??
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
If you have the Dometic single zone thermostat, press mode until you get to fan, set fan for auto. That is assuming the fan blower, and not compressor is running, and that you have that system.
-- Chris Bryant

Ropdoc
Explorer
Explorer
So, I turned off the circuit for the AC and now have only the heater running. But it is onlycblowing cold air. The propane his on and the meter is green. Any ideas ? It is freezing in here.