cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help diagnosing HappiJac issues camper jacks and remote

campingwiththor
Explorer
Explorer
2002 Bigfoot truck camper with HappiJac wired jacks and cable and remote. (the jacks are
replacements put on in 2014)

In the last couple years the remote would only work intermittently.

Now- wonโ€™t work at all (this is the remote with rj11 coiled cable)

When I plug in the cable- the remote starts green then goes to orange then off and
cycles like this only. There is some sort of power reaching the jacks because when I hit reset
you can hear the jacks make a noise for only a secondโ€ฆ the other day even with
the issues described here the front left jack was working for a while.

Happijac sold me a replacement remote and cable. This new remote offers the same results.

Also- as per Happijac - I plugged my cable straight into the logic board. I get the
exact same results when I do this.

Im hoping someone here has an idea how I might trouble shoot this issue. Happijac wants
me to buy a new wireless setup- I am on a fixed income and really want to fix what I have.

Please help- will try anything. Because its intermittent and/or some sort of loose connection
or power issueโ€ฆthere should be a fix???

Regards,
CWT
2002 Ford F350 Diesel Dually,
2003 Bigfoot 2500

"Office Maxx" passed away in January 2007.

Youtube Tribute Video: The desert to Alaska with my dog
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3JBnGGn0GOA
3 REPLIES 3

campingwiththor
Explorer
Explorer
1. You mean the rj11 jacks &/or the connectors to the logic board?
2. Where or what is a โ€œmain feed wireโ€

Tks,
Cwt

Artum Snowbird wrote:
I think it is indeed highly likely that the problem will be in the connection plug. I would get some electrical spray and spray the connections, working them in and out and spray again. The proper spray dries fast and cleans too.

You should also check the main feed wires. They are heavily loaded wires when the motor is lifting, and a loose connection in the main feed could easily cause your problems too.
2003 Bigfoot 2500

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
I think it is indeed highly likely that the problem will be in the connection plug. I would get some electrical spray and spray the connections, working them in and out and spray again. The proper spray dries fast and cleans too.

You should also check the main feed wires. They are heavily loaded wires when the motor is lifting, and a loose connection in the main feed could easily cause your problems too.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

campingwiththor
Explorer
Explorer
UPDATE:

With the New remote- I plugged today directly into the logic board- the left side jacks work when connected. As previous- when plugged into the standard camper port none of the jacks work-

Does anyone think I might try removing the logic board at cleaning the connectors?

tks,
CWT

campingwiththoreau wrote:
2002 Bigfoot truck camper with HappiJac wired jacks and cable and remote. (the jacks are
replacements put on in 2014)

In the last couple years the remote would only work intermittently.

Now- wonโ€™t work at all (this is the remote with rj11 coiled cable)

When I plug in the cable- the remote starts green then goes to orange then off and
cycles like this only. There is some sort of power reaching the jacks because when I hit reset
you can hear the jacks make a noise for only a secondโ€ฆ the other day even with
the issues described here the front left jack was working for a while.

Happijac sold me a replacement remote and cable. This new remote offers the same results.

Also- as per Happijac - I plugged my cable straight into the logic board. I get the
exact same results when I do this.

Im hoping someone here has an idea how I might trouble shoot this issue. Happijac wants
me to buy a new wireless setup- I am on a fixed income and really want to fix what I have.

Please help- will try anything. Because its intermittent and/or some sort of loose connection
or power issueโ€ฆthere should be a fix???

Regards,
CWT
2003 Bigfoot 2500