cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help with Dometic Digital Thermostat

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
We're somewhat isolated here at the beach with very slow internet and our Cousin is having trouble with her furnace. She has a two year old rig and the heater won't come on. I found that the Dometic TS #3313189.023 is a three wire and I know from nothing about them. I know where the control panel is and thought I could check the output to the furnace for twelve volts but after that I'm lost if there is no 12 volt out put. She really doesn't want to drive home and have it fixed so I thought I'd check if it's the furnace or the thermostat/control panel.

Is there some way to check if the Furnace feature of the TS is working? All the other functions work. I thought I'd reinitialize the control panel today but other than that is there anything I can check in the TS system. I've verified that there is power to the furnace. I just have my little Fluke DMM so it's just a basic DMM.

If the furnace is getting 12 volts, I can troubleshoot that but not the electronics of the TS.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II
17 REPLIES 17

MrWizard

Dometic T-stat $45
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
The screen that goes dark is the ONLY reason I bought the new one.
Old single zone digital has a small but piercing LED on full time that shines down on the lower bunk and irritates DD as she wants to sleep.

I also read the new CT has a model with bluetooth to connect to a phone app for remote control.
Not my style but some may enjoy it.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Chris Bryant wrote:
dougrainer wrote:

Yes, the OLD model is gone. It is called the Comfort Touch now, but still uses the 3 wires and is compatible with the old control boards. Doug

Thanks, Doug- the CT comes up on my eDometic catalog, but it doesn't give me a chance to order one. Hopefully they will be a bit more user friendly.

The ONLY real difference(besides a blue screen) is, this tstat will work for all 3 variations of roof top units. Before, you had to have a specific single zone tstat. Doug
1. AC
2. AC/HP
3. AC/Heat Strip

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:

Yes, the OLD model is gone. It is called the Comfort Touch now, but still uses the 3 wires and is compatible with the old control boards. Doug

Thanks, Doug- the CT comes up on my eDometic catalog, but it doesn't give me a chance to order one. Hopefully they will be a bit more user friendly.
-- Chris Bryant

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Chris Bryant wrote:
Interestingly enough, I sold one of those thermostats out of a kit I had, just went to replace it, and the Dometic website is telling me it's obsolete, and they have none. The also give no part numbers for the new CT.
I might actually have to talk to someone on the phone ๐Ÿ™‚

https://doc-04-8c-apps-viewer.googleusercontent.com/viewer/secure/pdf/pkbs044ltlknl7iif56tjf42qk3vpb...

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Interestingly enough, I sold one of those thermostats out of a kit I had, just went to replace it, and the Dometic website is telling me it's obsolete, and they have none. The also give no part numbers for the new CT.
I might actually have to talk to someone on the phone ๐Ÿ™‚
-- Chris Bryant

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
D.E.Bishop wrote:
Thanks everyone. Our cousin has been on the road for about a month and in some cool weather, so she has been using the furnace for awhile. going to use our quartz cube heater until next week when she will be home and have the LV guy look at it. She said the heater was working fine and then it stopped and won't start again. I finally found the users manual and downloaded it for her. She probably has it in the users manual anyway. Shae has a Leisure Van and all the **** screws have square drive sockets.

We have to leave tomorrow for home and today was spent looking for a faucet repair kit for a Price-Phiester kitchen faucet. I finally just bought a new Delta, the old one was a very low grade fixture.

Chris, a special thanks for the diagnostic info, I read about it in the user's manual but not how to get to it.

I'm really not ready to go home. I like it here and the campground is maybe 20 or 25 percent filled and will only go up about 5 percent over the week-end

Thanks again Guys.

The NORMAL size square screw/bit is a Number 2. You will find Leisure uses a LOT of Number 1 square screws. Make sure you get both sizes. Doug

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. Our cousin has been on the road for about a month and in some cool weather, so she has been using the furnace for awhile. going to use our quartz cube heater until next week when she will be home and have the LV guy look at it. She said the heater was working fine and then it stopped and won't start again. I finally found the users manual and downloaded it for her. She probably has it in the users manual anyway. Shae has a Leisure Van and all the **** screws have square drive sockets.

We have to leave tomorrow for home and today was spent looking for a faucet repair kit for a Price-Phiester kitchen faucet. I finally just bought a new Delta, the old one was a very low grade fixture.

Chris, a special thanks for the diagnostic info, I read about it in the user's manual but not how to get to it.

I'm really not ready to go home. I like it here and the campground is maybe 20 or 25 percent filled and will only go up about 5 percent over the week-end

Thanks again Guys.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

lenr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine was defective, period! Would switch into high speed fan before shutting off from low speed fan running AC. No one would design a system like that. They are all annoying because they pause off for a second or two when switching fan speeds from either low to high or high to low. The many button (10 or 12 depending on how you count) thermostat doesn't do the pause and has a tighter on/off hysteresis. But, it takes a control board change to implement. Hopefully the replacement version will fix some of the "non" problems.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Snowman9000 wrote:
It might not be troublesome, but I wish I could replace ours with something with a narrower "hysteresis". That is, a tighter temperature spread. We got spoiled by the $20 replacement Hunter t-stats in our past RVs.
There is a new replacement version. I should have mine shortly.
Will be interesting to see if the function is any better.

http://www.dometic.com/USA/New-Products/New-RV-Products/ct-thermostat/
Sorry dometic changed the link, can't immediately find it.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
It might not be troublesome, but I wish I could replace ours with something with a narrower "hysteresis". That is, a tighter temperature spread. We got spoiled by the $20 replacement Hunter t-stats in our past RVs.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Chris Bryant wrote:
Here's how to put it in diagnostic mode:
http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/singlezonediag.pdf

Thank you for this ๐Ÿ˜‰

IIRC there is also a reset sequence to reboot or reset the thing.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
MrWizard wrote:
Is that the little 3" square 'single zone'
Controls one heater one A/C unit

My uncle has that in his new class B, (traded off his Thor Serrano)
Seems to be a troublesome design, and it has a slow response

Try changing mode to heat , run the temp up to something like 80 or 90(for testing)
Then set to ON do not set to auto
Then wait , could take two minutes or more to come on

There was another thread few days ago, somebody wanted to replace it
Options are limited , it's a proprietary digital system
I saw a schematic posted someplace of the control box wiring
Maybe it was from Chris

NOT a troublesome design. The problem is simple. People NEVER read the operation instructions for this single zone tstat and when they have operation problems, they blame everyone but themselves. Doug