cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Honda 2000i where will oil go if i flip it over?

path1
Explorer
Explorer
When I run a Honda 2000i out of gas there is still about 3/8 of inch left in gas tank. I got out all I could out with a turkey baster. If I tip it over to empty out all the gas where will oil go and will it make a mess?

These things vented on top or?

(Not going to tip over everytime I run it dry, Just want to get out old gas maybe once a year.)

Thanks
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"
10 REPLIES 10

Bessie-Hunter
Explorer
Explorer
Crank case vent is on the starter cord side of the unit. If you tip it to the other side, it should not run oil out.

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
All of my Honda's are full of treated gas when stored.

Treated with Sea Foam and Stabil.

I want generators ready to go when needed.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why would you tip it over? My EU2000 is over 14 years old and I never drain the gas. Just use a good gas stabilizer. I use Seafoam and have had no problems.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
It's never good to turn a carburetor upside down. I wouldn't do it!

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Why do you need to remove all the gas from the tank? If you run it out of gas the carb is empty, or you could just start it every few months.

path1
Explorer
Explorer
OP here...

OK thanks folks...Can anybody describe what vent looks like or color of the thing. Maybe its something I can put my thumb over when tipping it over.

With a flashlight I could see a few water drops, (no big deal but wanted to get them out.)
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
You would be better off filling it all the way up with an ounce or 2 of sea foam and storing it that way.
Drain the carb of course.

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
All over your floor.

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have tipped over my 2000i to get the last bit of fuel out before adding fresh fuel before storage and have never had oil run out of the engine or cause a problem internally. I just fill the fuel tank, add Sea Form, fire up the engine to run the fresh fuel through the system and carb. and then shut it down and store it. Ready to go when I need it next time it is needed. Not a big deal. And we have ethanol around here-still not an issue. The generator is 10 years old w/o any fuel issues.

riggsp
Explorer
Explorer
If you turn it over, the oil will pour out through the crankcase vent.