cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How long does an AGM Battery Last?

jmcgsd
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased an '09 TT a few weeks back. The battery is a 4D Powerstride Lifeline AGM that seems to be working well and is clean. I have no idea when it was installed, but I've got to assume that it's been in there for most of the trailer's life. Maybe I can find a date code, but haven't looked yet.

It's my first experience with AGM technology and I was wondering if anyone knows what the average lifetime is on one of these.

Thanks.
'09 Pacific Coachworks Tango 276RBS
95 Lance 880 Truck Camper

'91 F350 Dually 2WD CC 7.5L (76K Original miles!)
AirLift Bags, Reese Titan hitch, Rancho 9000X
17 REPLIES 17

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Bought mine in '09 and they are still holding a charge just as well as when I bought them.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take a close look at your Lifeline's. There will be a date stamped into the top edge. My last set of Lifeline 8D AGM's lasted for 10 years but the last 2 were clearly showing signs of aging (less capacity). I replaced my Lifelines with Universal Battery AGM's for 1/2 the price and I am pretty happy.
AGM's are substantially better than any other battery option and as long as you do not discharge them below 12V (12.2 is even better) they should last you a very long time.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's like asking how long does a car last.

Depends on how you (and the previous owner) treat it. In terms of use and maintenance, the only difference of AGM is that they don't need watering and can be left in storage for longer time than regular flooded batts.

Everything else is the same - longer life with proper charging, shorter life with improper charging. Longer life with fewer and shallower cycles, shorter life - with more and deeper cycles.