cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HWH Jack's

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have the older swing down 4 joy stick control HWH system. The only issue I've ever had with them is that on occasion I have to reset the 12 volt circuit breaker. OK, so now, they aren't going down....the HWH panel lights up and the fuse on that panel is OK, the 12 volt resettable fuse is OK, I checked and added some hydraulic HWH fluid. I have not broke out the DVM yet mainly because the last few places we've stayed are level enough and after letting the air out, we're stable enough. Is there a reset on the Pump itself? Any other fixes I'm missing before sticking my head under and in the MH?

Oh, while cleaning outside the house a few weeks ago, I did pressure spray the rear Jack's and this amy have something to do with my issue. Thanks for any idea's.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)
7 REPLIES 7

azpete
Explorer
Explorer
this is a confusing issue that lots of folks have. the manufacturer decides whether to install an extra breaker or fuse. not hwh. as doug said, they say the mfg may install one.
chinook used to install a resettable breaker that was harder than heck to find. once you know the location of the breakers, it works ok. they have a reputation of breaking often.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
enblethen wrote:
My rig also has a circuit breaker for the pump.
HWH Drawing
Pump wiring diagram

While the diagram shows a FUSE, the fuse is rarely just for the HWH system. The fuse installed (or Circuit breaker) will usually cover MORE than just the HWH pump. I RARELY have found a Fuse or CB causing a problem on an HWH system. That diagram is a CYA that HWH puts on their schematic. Very few OEM's install such a fuse or breaker. Notice, the fine print on the HWH schematic says fuse "may" be required. Doug

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
My rig also has a circuit breaker for the pump.
HWH Drawing
Pump wiring diagram

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
OK after breaking out the DVM, I found the issue right away. That resettable fuse was stuck, it had tripped and just needed to be nudged a tad. Doug...this MH apparently does have this feature, the large battery cables go to and from it and as stated, I've had to reset it before on occasion. Thanks all.... ๐Ÿ™‚
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
No resets on any part of the HWH system. You state 12 volt reset circuit breaker, the PUMP power should NOT be on any type Fuse/Circuit Breaker. Doug

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
We had the HWH kick down jacks on our previous motorhome and the only problem we had was a stuck shuttle valve in the pump assembly.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
When you operate the joy stick, does the pump run?
Has there been any work done on the batteries that may have dropped the cable going to the jack motor?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker