cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New vs old Ford observation.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
When I started looking at newer MHs (2006-2008) on the Ford Chassis I was amazed at the amount of engine noise in 2 gear do to the higher rpms compared to my old 454. Last week I test drove two 2015 MH's on the Ford Chassis and they seemed much more quiet. My question is what changed? Is there a year that Ford added more sound proofing? I believe the drive train has been the same since 2006.
3 REPLIES 3

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
They were all Class A's the older ones were a Tiffin and a Fleetwood the newer ones were both ACE. Did not like the fit and finish or the slide sticking out 1 inch when closed but it was more quiet than the older models.

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
As Golden HVAC says, the Ford F53 chassis you are referring to comes from Ford as a frame, engine/transmission/driveline, suspension, tires/wheels/brakes/axles, steering/instrument cluster, exhaust, and a gas tank. You can drive it, just not at night, and you have to build something to stand/sit on. Wear a helmet or keep your mouth closed otherwise bugs will get in.

Everything else comes from the coach builder.

Chum lee

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Ford did not install any sound proofing on the class A motorhomes. That was up to the manufacture.

Class C is another story. It might be that you have a quietier fan on the engine? or more sound proofing on the engine cover.

It might also be that a prior owner installed a Banks or other style of header system on the RV, changing the stock sound.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com