cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I need help!

Racefan1
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to install a new Honeywell Model RTH5100B digital thermostat to replace my Dometics analog thermostat. I am pulling out what hair I have left. I have the following wires- red,orange, black, blue, yellow, white, and green. I realize that two wires are not used. Has anybody installed this thermostat and if so HELP!!!!! Everything I find on line gives different locations for the wiring. I am doing it to allow for high fan only. I am going to have a cold beer and calm down now.
9 REPLIES 9

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Racefan1 wrote:
The Honeywell has it own power source. (two 1.5 volt batteries)

So does the Hunter. The above diagram shows the red wire with 7.5 volts is not connected.

Sfla2
Explorer
Explorer
duo therm is dometic
98 Coachmen "C" Santara Model FL (Front Lounge) 30.4
Ford V 10 Super Duty (same as E 450)

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sfla2 wrote:
i think everybody is using hunter not honeywell

...and the above diagram is for the Hunter, that $20 WalMart one... and it's connecting to Duo-Therm, not Dometic...
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Sfla2
Explorer
Explorer
i think everybody is using hunter not honeywell

forgot mod # but sure somebody will pop in
98 Coachmen "C" Santara Model FL (Front Lounge) 30.4
Ford V 10 Super Duty (same as E 450)

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
I almost learned the hard way doing that one time. After trial and error, and blowing a couple fuses, I quit before the smoke came out. And I'm not one to admit defeat to anything !
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
On the older Dometic analog, remember that for high fan, you must hook up both high and low (orange and blue in the above pic). The leads switch grounds for the relays in the upper boards.

FWIW- They use 2 relays for the fan- the low fan wire hooks to an on-off relay, the high fan wire hooks to a high-low relay. This way it is impossible to energize both speed windings.
-- Chris Bryant

Racefan1
Explorer
Explorer
It did not work with this wiring. The Honeywell has it own power source. (two 1.5 volt batteries)

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
I used this...and it worked perfectly for me. (I did install a high low fan switch also).

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

mobilefleet
Explorer
Explorer
modmyrv.com has plenty of info on this task