Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Dometic frig "oops" - need help ASAP!

Checking the frig unit tonight on the ROO that is waiting for a new home, and that plastic condensation drain line has gotten dry and brittle. DH just touched it and "oops"....that's not really what he said....but does anyone know what's involved in...

dadmomh by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Wireless HDMI?

I'm getting a new tablet (Galaxy 10 32g) which has a micro HDMI output plug, I know they make adapter plugs from mini to standard HDMI but I would like to go wireless to the TV.Ideally I would like to use Bluetooth/out on the tablet side then to a Bl...

rjsurfer by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Water Heater Help

Howdy all....Cleaning up the camper today and getting ready for a 3 month trip. Was making sure everything was ok....but alas...the water heater wont fire up. Its an electronic ignition...when I hit the rocker switch to turn it on...it just turns so...

Nutbolt by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Macerator took a dump!

Past couple of years, I've been having a few problems with my 6 year old Sani-Con model 5800 macerator. First it was hair on the impeller (to be expected with females showering) and wasn't a big deal. Then it plugged up at the inlet (too much tp an...

lanerd by Explorer II
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Onan Generator Problem

Hello, world! I am new to the RVing community, and bought my first rig 2 weeks ago. My Onan Generator Emerald Genset 1 Model No. 4.0BGE-1R/26100A ran for about an hour yesterday with no problem, but did shut off without my pressing the switch. Today,...

AC fan will not start

I have a Duo Therm AC model 57912. When the unit is turned on the fan will not start. It will run if you give it a turn by hand. I replaced the start capacitor and it did not help. I don't see any reason to suspect the run capacitor so I'm leaning to...

MPPT and series solar panels

Is there any mechanism that would get series panels to operate at their optimum voltage?For example, if one panel has a Vmppt of 17 volts and one at 18 volts and they are connected in series, is there and natural mechanism that would make them tend ...

HiTech by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Disconnect

I currently have a battery disconnect switch sitting in my garage, the one pictured below.wanting to be able to kill all power when in storage. with my battery having several cables on the positive terminal, can i just place all the cables onto 1 e...

coach battery issue ?

Hi all, I have a 2009 Pleasure Way Excel class B RV. I just replaced the coach battery with a new one of the same type as the original (Interstate). Before the trip when doing my pre trip inspection and prep I checked the charge on the coach battery ...

scarpi by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Atwood water heater

My Atwood water heater won't light unless I hit the solenoid with a wrench or something while it is trying to light. I just put a new solenoid on it and it is doing the same thing. It will burn until it gets hot but won't relight unless I hit it agai...

COSTCO or SAM'S Club New LED Lamps Available?

So far down here I can only shop online and the products are utterly different. For shorepower use do either one of the stores have anything "new" something different from a year ago? They had a 11 watt flood and an 18 watt dimmable 15-months ago. I ...

Norcold N611LT refrigerator

My refrigerator usually works great,but the green light on front panel often goes off for hours, then back on again. (could this just be a defrost cycle or something maybe?)I just bought this rv used two weeks ago, and am *hoping* it's nothing major...

Vikki41 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

A&E Awning questions.

I'm about ready to replace the awning material on my 17' A&E awning. Have some questions before I move forward.The original awning had the aluminum cover that wraps the fabric when rolled up.Most of the replacement fabric does not have the proper "ro...

mchero by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes