cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Intellitec EMS Problem

Gau_8
Explorer
Explorer
I have an Intellitec Model 800 EMS in my 50 amp coach. Lately it has been doing strange things. When plugged into 120v power the display indicates 50 amp service. When running on the genset, the display alternates between 30 amp and 50 amp and the rear AC will not run. It does not show Genset as it should.

If I pull the 5 amp fuse in the control module will it disable the system and give me full capability back?

Secondly, Intellitec does not appear to support this product well.. Is there a better EMS out there and do I really need one. The vast majority of the time I am on 50A shore power or the genset and the Ems does not load shed.

Eddie
15 REPLIES 15

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
We had a similar problem with our EMS about 4 years ago on our trip to Alaska - turned out it was caused by a loose connection in the breaker panel. Once Dave checked and tightened all the breakers, the EMS has worked fine again. Intellitec tech folks pointed us in this direction when we described our phantom problem.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited