cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Inverter Panel Stuck in Red Light Fault

Pops_R
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2015 Thor Challenger and it has the Xantrex PRO XM 1800 Inverter.

For some reason the remote panel inside the Motor Home has stop working and only shows the red light fault and no error message just 3 red dash lines.

The Inverter can be heard running inside the compartment it is located in.

We have power, except when on the road we do not have power to the standard electrical plug next to the passenger seat and the USB connection on the dash does not work anymore while on the road. Not sure if those two things are related in any way to the malfunction of the Inverter panel or what.

So my question is how can I reset/ correct the non working Inverter panel or is it a situation that requires a certified technician to correct the problem?

I have tired pushing the 15A circuit breaker on the unit but it seems useless and there is no GFCI plug on the unit
11 REPLIES 11

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
You can bet your rear the dealer would have found something -major wrong- Manufacturer or customer, the cash flow must never cease.

It's easy to advise when someone else's money is involved. I always remember this before constructing an answer or opinion. Driving for repairs, fuel or shopping takes money and it takes time. "Leave It" means two people and two vehicles two times. I didn't get the moniker "Cheapskate" for nothing...

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the solved report. Always good to hear back.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not Ground, negative. Also remove all 120 volt power (Unplug)

Also if there is a cable connecting the display module to the inverter, Unplug and re-plug both ends 2 or 3 times while power is removed.

Then restore power.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Pops_R
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the feed back. The problem was with the display panel. I finally just got behind the wall where the display monitor is located, being able to access it from under the kitchen sink, and unplugged the electrical connection to the panel. That reset the display and all is reading and working as it was designed.

I just hate taking the MH in for service and having it turn out to be a very simple self correction fix as it was in this case and why I try to figure things out as best I can B4 taking it in

Thanks again for the feedback and happy trails to all

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
This is how the manual says to reset: Page 5-3
In order to reset the unit after an error has occurred, you have to remove shorepower (i.e., AC input), turn the unit off, then turn back on again

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Just turn all your breakers off wait two minutes then turns breakers on one at a time it will reset it .This unit does this if it feels a hard pull on it when you plug in

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
OOPS! double post--sort of. Clicked on Quote instead of Edit :S

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Twomed wrote:
Remove the ground wire for 30 minutes. Like a hard re boot on you computer. If it is not a bad board, it will re set.

Certainly worth a try. It may also help to pull the 120v AC supply at the same time.

Had a similar problem with our Xantrex Prosine 2.0 years ago. The above reset it.

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
Remove the ground wire for 30 minutes. Like a hard re boot on you computer. If it is not a bad board, it will re set.
Happy Trails ๐Ÿ™‚
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Look at the unit it self. There should be a display telling you what the problem is. The three digit codes are on page 5-3
Xantrex manual

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
If it's a 2015 model, it's surely still under warranty. While it might be a minor inconvenience, it will be well worth your time to take the unit to a dealer where these issues can be fixed.

Is this an INverter or a CONverter? An INverter takes 12V power from the batteries and provides 120V AC power for household appliances. A CONverter is what takes 120V AC power from the power pedestal at the camp site, and turns it into 12V DC power to charge your batteries, and power your lights, water pump, detectors, refrigerator electronics, furnace, etc..

If you have a CONverter, you will not have 120V AC power on the road.

This is a big fancy 2015 Thor, so I'd imagine it does have an INverter and a CONverter.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.