cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is this antenna for FM Radio & how do I connect to it?

MustangDan74
Explorer
Explorer
I have this antenna on the roof next to my crank-up TV antenna. Is this antenna for radio, and if so, how do I connect my Sony RV AM/FM/DVD stereo to it? The stereo unit has a single wire antenna currently connected to it and it doesnt receive hardly any stations.

Thanks-Dan

20 REPLIES 20

akrv
Explorer
Explorer
I have a antenna like that on my class C it is for the outside radio. You Sony stereo is hooked the same as mine and gets the same results. For music & news I use a smart phone and apps Radio Garden & pandora both are free.
2005 Coachmen Concord 275DS
2004 Malibu Maxx LT

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to Tech Issues forum from DIY.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
It looks like a ham radio antenna for 2 meters. If you can snap a picture of the base it would really help.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
The plug is the same as a car stereo. The antenna is basically a car stereo antenna except made to mount to the trailer roof.

Car antenna cable plug

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Should have a coax type cable with a male plug on the end to go into your stereo.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I would expect that ant. to be connected to your stereo. Are you sure it isn't?