cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jayco 23B / iota power converter

rvwink
Explorer
Explorer
After unplugging from campground power I had a loss of 12V power. Batt. power indicated 12.6v, terminal were cleaned and tightened, 30amp fuse was checked, 2 ground wires were checked under frame.

I made three stop on the way to the RV Shop. Two time I have power back and one time I didn't.

RV repair shop said I needed a new converter for $378.00. When I went to pick up rv both inside and out light switches were ON and I still had no 12v power. I checked Batt. and it still showed 12.6v.

Service man came out and checked Batt., then tugged of wires. One came off in his hand. He crimped on new lead to batt. post and now I
12v power back.

He still said problem was the converter.
6 REPLIES 6

mena661
Explorer
Explorer
Dannyabear1 wrote:
There is a fire hazard with the IOTA relay assys; most were recalled, and I think they out of business now
IOTA has never been out of business.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd thought the problem was the Battery Disconnect Relay. Our Jayco has one battery Ground wire, but about Four on the Positive. I've had failures at the connectors there too. Suggest once you know it's all working properly and all the terminals are good (I ended up fixing more than just the one that came off), then...
1. Tape all the Positives into a bundle with electrical tape so you know you don't miss one when you clean terminals, change batteries, etc. Same for Negative if there's more than one.
2. If the Battery Terminals use Wing Nuts, replace with Stainless Lock Washers under Stainless or Brass Nuts.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Dannyabear1
Explorer
Explorer
There is a fire hazard with the IOTA relay assys; most were recalled, and I think they out of business now

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like he already found the problem.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

Larryect
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like he really wants to sell a converter.....