cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kwikee 2000 Jacks

sportz
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 91 Fleetwood Jamboree with an obsolete jack system. The problem is the touch pad. We were in Susanville, CA at a concert with the jacks down. Got ready to leave and the jacks won't retract. I have a knife switch on the chassis battery so one of the guys trying to help opened and closed it. I heard the beeping sound of the system, pushed the all up button and all the jacks went up. Prior to this event, the only time I would hear the beeping was when I turn the jack system on. After the system failure, every time I start the engine the jack system is beeping and I have to physically shut it off to make it quit. I have disconnected the system at the touch pad because I don't want to hear the beeping and then have to shut it off and I can't trust it.
I have tried RV salvage yards, regular junk yards and to date nobody has that touch pad.
My question is,can install toggle switches in place of the the ouch pads or is there some place I can send the touch pad to have it tested and/or repaired?
3 REPLIES 3

96Bounder30E
Explorer II
Explorer II
sportz wrote:
My question is, can install toggle switches in place of the the touch pads

Take a look at these 2 threads........

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/23442607.cfm

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27438169.cfm
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
On my 94 Bounder the PowerGear jacks worked fine until the touch pad control fried a transistor. I made up a new control with flush mount push button switches that work fine. My system was easy to figure out as I did have the manual to identify wires colours.
Do your jacks have a spring on each to retract them? If so they should be very similar.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Is this the one?
Leveler control panel

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker