cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Loss of AC power to outlets in travel trailer

DaveTheAffable
Explorer
Explorer
With apologies, I am on the road and doing this from a smartphone.

My wife and I are at a campsite and we are hooked up to 30 amp shore power.

Early today I noticed that all of the outlets downstream from my bathroom sink GFI outlet were not working, but the GFI outlet over the bathroom sink was working.

Then, the GFI outlet over the sink buzzed for a few seconds and then went dead. The internal circuit breaker in it did not go off. No test functionality, and no green light.

No circuit breakers went off in my WF 8955 distribution / power center.

AC power to the battery charging circuit, and the air conditioning circuit seem to be fine.

So, I am thinking that it is most likely that I have had a failure in the bathroom sink GF I outlet, and that is why everything downstream from there is not working. Would you all concur?

Thanks in advance!
Dave The Affable
2009 Silverado Crew Cab / 5.3 / 6 spd / HD Towing
2010 19' Forest River Salem
201X 28' Guschnitzen Fargen RLSB5 :h (If we decide to full time)
5 REPLIES 5

DaveTheAffable
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, now I'm feeling really stupid!.since I am doing this all on a smartphone, I was finding it difficult to search for information, so I simply came here to the tech forum and posted my question. Had I read the previous post from today I would have seen the exact same problem from another user and the same answers.

Thank you all for not pointing out to me the foolishness of my not reading the post previous to mine.
Dave The Affable

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Southern Cal??? Can we visit you?
Just kidding. Mostly. Kinda... ๐Ÿ˜ž

Seriously we like to camp at Kanaskat Palmer State park near Auburn. Beautiful area!

DaveTheAffable
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for that quick response Scott! My brother and his wife live in Sammamish, and my son is moving up to Washington tomorrow. We live in Southern California now, but we used to live in Auburn Black Diamond area.

Again, thanks for the quick response. I was sitting here at my campsite having visions of fires, and things burning down. Since I am not using any ac functionality at this point, and my batteries are fully charged, I just went ahead and turned off the AC power completely.
Dave The Affable

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with ScottG.....
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
They do fail fairly often - probably because they use the cheapest part available. Fortunately the ones used in RV's are a standard part available at Home depot or Lowes. I'd just swap them out.

Good luck,
Scott