Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

LED flicker part deux

Had a long going post about my new LED fixture with ripples when on gen or shore power. Worked fine on 12v. Got new PD 4645 in and installed today. Light works fine now. Any body need a 10000 uF capacitor?

tarnold by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Black Water not draining

Ok so my black water holding tank is full. When I pull the lever i can hear just a tiny bit of fluid come out then nothing. Is it common for the inner part to break off the metal shaft or are they pretty well one peice and maybe I have something clog...

Gcworth by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Chasing electrical gremlins - GFCI outlet puzzle

On our trip at the end of last month, a table lamp quit working. Changing the bulb did not help, but a voltage detector showed voltage present at the base of the socket. I figured the switch in the lamp socket died.I finally got around to buying a ...

4-way flasher intermittent operation

I have a 2000 Holiday Rambler on Freightliner chassis..4-way flashers go fast,slow,stop all the time..looked thru old manual. found fuses for the turn signal operation, but nothing on the 4-way flasher. Anyone help me in locating this, so I can repla...

DanMar by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

wiring question

Hi- New to RV's,new here.Jut bought a Sun Lite TC.Everything works when it's plugged in. Stove and fridge both work on propane whether plugged in or not. Furnace won't work, as it has an electric blower.The unit itself has no battery.It has a flat ...

hhrv by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm guessing an A/B/Both battery selector sw is okay?

Just added two new T 105's in preparation for adding an inverter and eventually solar. The original two 105's are 3 years old and are in perfect shape, from what I have read mixing the 4 in a series parallel combo isn't the best way to go.I'm thinkin...

rjsurfer by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

3 different exterior keys really needed?

We have two exterior doors each with a different key and the pass-through slam latches have the same style of key. Is there any necessary reason for this? Maybe it's because it's cheaper and less hassle for the TT manufacturer to do it that way. I...

300 KW solar panels

The other day we went to the dump and there was a lady there offering free cider and selling household solar installations. After listening to her pitch, I asked her if they sold 100-150 watt panels. She said, oh no, we use 300 Kilowatt panels.After ...

tenbear by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator Question

My brother has a Honda 2000 generator. (Sorry, that all information I have at the time.) He told me today that when he starts it up it starts easily enough but will quit running as soon as he takes the choke off. He even let it warm up for about t...

salem by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Onan Marquis 5500 Starts then stops when Load is added

New owner to a used RV Trailer. The Onan Marquis Gold 5500 didn't start. I increased the elevation setting and the generator started fine. My elevation was 3,500 feet. Later in the day, we needed to use the microwave. The generator turned on fine, bu...

dbldtop by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Refer drain

Anyone have a good way to clear the water drain on a Norcold refer ? Thanks for your help, Dave

A/C compressor not kicking on

Bought a used 32 foot Hornet by Damon Corp for deerlease. A/C ran this summer (although it wasn't super cold) and when the compressor was running it would kick it off anytime to turned on s light or any other electronic. Doesn't make sense being on d...

Gcworth by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Electrical truck to trailer connection question

Can I use an extension cord to connect between my truck connector and my trailer cable connector ? If yes do I have to worry about a voltage drop if the distance is too long. I park my trailer in a trailer barn that I built several years ago, and thi...

NanciL by Explorer II
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Where did you get your Electrical knowledge?

I've been a member for a short time and have noticed the electrical knowledge on here surprises me. And I'm grateful for your sharing. There has been couple times that I wish this forum had a "donate" button for some of the response's.For myself I c...

path1 by Explorer
  • 77 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic Fridge not cooling

My Dometic Fridge stopped working yesterday, either on gas or electric. It is at least 10 yrs old.Should I repair it or get a new one ?Should I replace it with a residential unit that only runs on AC ?I checked the recall list and I don't see the mod...

JCat by Explorer III
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes