Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Electric Step doesn't work

The electric step on my 2005 Gulfstream Class C stopped working; no step movement out or in, no step light. I tried the simple things to no avail; fuse, connections, door magnetic switch and its connections, etc. I’m considering replacing the motor, ...

Dometic RM 2652 won't turn off

The Dometic refrigerator in our 2004 Nomad travel trailer won't turn off. Model # is either a RM2652 or a RM2852 (not sure which). The refrigerator works great with gas and/or electric - just won't turn off. If gas is off and the trailer is plugge...

LandDnAZ by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to measure how much solar we need?

(hope this is right section) Brought home TT last month and now have basics taken care of and RV is road ready. Now starting to think about bigger long term projects.One project is, we would like to get some solar. Which I know nothing about. I su...

path1 by Explorer
  • 92 replies
  • 0 likes

Furnace and thermostat issues

My furnace cycles on about 5 times before it stops working. The fan that pushes air into the basement stays on. I turn off the thermostat and then turn it back on and it starts working again and the process starts all over again. Fuse is good. I ...

anutami by Explorer III
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Generators, do you get what you pay for?

Hi,Recently picked this up for HOME use during a power outage.Everyone talks about how crappy the output is from a NON honda inverter generators.I also own a elim3000, which is found in various posts on here. Never a problem.So for giggles i hooked u...

Solar compatiability ?

I have a line on a couple panels from a local guy and while I think they will work with the system I have I thought I would ask you guys just to make sure.I have 2 of these 100 watt panels from windy nation along with this 30A PWM controllerWe haven'...

TV picture dies when generator runs

I have a Tioga 31M class C motorhome with a Jensen dc television and a ac/dc dvd player. I had not noticed before, but when I am off the grid and watching a dvd movie off the coach batteries and turn on the generator to recharge the batteries, the tv...

Flashlight Battery Corrosion Fix?

All of us grab that seldom used flashlight and find that it glows feebly or not at all. Are there any cures (preventative maintenance) for this. I'm trying a couple of things right now but won't know if they'll work for quite some time. One thing I a...

DougE by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Stove problem

Even through our RV is less than 1 year old, one of our 2 stove burners is having troubles. We push the button to get the propane going and turn it to the flame-sign on the knob; light it and the flame comes on; but when we let go (even after holdin...

Window knob keeps breaking, window doesn't close

Hi, we're having a problem with our two of our RV's windows. Our RV has two windows that slide (works great) but the two other windows don't slide, they have a knob to rotate which slowly tilts the window open (great to open when it's raining).The ...

jornvango by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Backup camera

2004 Jayco Class C. The backup camera has suddenly stopped working. It is a black and white camera mounted in the driver's side sun visor. I have checked the voltage and it is getting 12 volts to the monitor, but no picture whatsoever. Does that ...

Small Engine Storage

During winter, what is the best way to store small engine equipment such as a generator?Is it best to have the the tank, lines and carburetor completely dry or should there be treated fuel left in it?Right now, every piece of equipment I own is compl...

nomad297 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

gas side of refer problem

my 2013 coleman has a Norcold model N611L refrigerator in it. most of the time it will not light on gas. i hear it try to light and have opened the inspection cover and it will flame on but go out immediately. been in for repair a couple times but ev...

**** foul odor ****

We have been fultiming for 4 yrs. and have a 2007 fifth wheel. We don't have a sani-flo system so i use a Flush King gate valve to back wash my black water tank. After every dumping i refill the back tank with fresh water at least 2 times. I have a c...

dutchev by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Installing a Piezo Ignitor ???

. . .Good Day RV'ers. . .Anyone can help me finding the links to installing a Piezo Ignitor in a stove lacking same??? PITA without one & THANKS in advance for your help!!!

_1Flyboy by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes