cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Furnace and thermostat issues

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
My furnace cycles on about 5 times before it stops working. The fan that pushes air into the basement stays on. I turn off the thermostat and then turn it back on and it starts working again and the process starts all over again. Fuse is good. I also have a wave 3 going and fridge working. Is my furnace starved for propane? Any ideas? I am camped and it is about 10 degrees outside and hoping I will have heat tonight.

Nolan
2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads
7 REPLIES 7

brulaz
Explorer
Explorer
My furnace flame started popping off and on. Then the next day refused to light. Or rather it would light briefly then go out. Did this 3-5 times then stopped trying. The blower ran a bit longer then stopped.

The problem? Propane regulator on the tanks went bad. If you looked closely at the range flames, they were a little lower and more yellow than normal. The Frig and hot water heater kept working too. It was just the furnace that wasn't getting enough propane.

New regulator at the tanks fixed it.
2014 ORV Timber Ridge 240RKS,8500#,1250# tongue,44K miles
690W Rooftop + 340W Portable Solar,4 GC2s,215Ah@24V
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 RgCab CTD,2507# payload,10.8 mpgUS tow

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like the control board is bad.
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

64thunderbolt
Explorer II
Explorer II
It could be cycling to cool it off in those temps it is working hard. If Batt voltage drops below 10.5v the sail switch will not turn on the gas but it doesn't sound as if that is your issue.
Glen
04 Tail gator XT 34' 5th wheel garage model
200w solar 2 GC2's 800w inv
Truma tankless WH
99 F350 CC DRW 7.3 ais intake, adrenaline hpop, JW valve body,
cooling mist water inj, DP tunes, 4" exh sys
trucool trans cooler added
2011 RZR 900xp

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just filled both bottles plus my wave 3 is working great. I think it may be the limit switch getting too hot and automatically shutting the furnace down. Does this sound correct?
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads

towhead
Explorer
Explorer
Is your refrigerator running on ac or gas? It sounds to me like you are out of propane.
Dave
2005 GMC Duramax 4x4 crew cab
2005 Cruiser CF28RL

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
My 2 group 29 batteries are at 90% with my honda generator running :0

trop-a-cal
Explorer
Explorer
The battery has to be with good charge to start the propane. Otherwise it will not start. It's the house battery that starts it by a spark jumping across the propane that comes in the chamber.