cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

gas side of refer problem

brokenoaks
Explorer
Explorer
my 2013 coleman has a Norcold model N611L refrigerator in it. most of the time it will not light on gas. i hear it try to light and have opened the inspection cover and it will flame on but go out immediately. been in for repair a couple times but everything tests ok? i have taken the gas jet out and it looks fine and clean. sometimes it will start up and run so it makes it even harder to figure out whats going on. going back down for another try at repair soon but just wondered if any of you have had similar problems.
4 REPLIES 4

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
If its been in for repair, a service tech would (should) have checked all the obvious.
Replace the control board !
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

jetcare
Explorer
Explorer
First thing I would do is increase the gap between the electrode and burner by 1/16 inch. Just use a big screwdriver and gently adjust the electrode up. If that does not work, replace the electrode.
2016 F-250 Crewcab 6.2L 4x4
2012 Palomino Sabre 32' Travel Trailer

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Spark electrode tip to burner gap incorrect.......S/B 1/8" to 3/16"

Check spark electrode continuity......replace if bad. Electrode/wire shorting to ground.

Spark electrode needs to be engulfed in flame in order to 'prove flame'.
Milivolt signal is generated---sent back to board via electrode/wire. No signal.....board shuts down gas valve.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Could be the flame sensor is not directly in the flame. Try holding long lighter directly under the flame sensor/ignitor while assistant tries operating the unit.
Could be control circuit board not seeing the flame sensor input. This would be my first thought. Has the previous shops tested or replaced it?
Gas valve not operating properly. Test the coils on the gas valve to insure they have about the same continuity.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker