cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Low Pressure Gas stove... suggestions please?

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
New 5er, learning all the "little" things now and raising more questions than I can get answered. Second camping weekend with it and discovering all little hidden things about it.

For example, I just discovered this morning it DOES have a low pressure quick disconnect for an outside stove or grill. My previous Outback TT had the outside stove with the quick disconnect. No extra pressure regulator required. We used it a lot. And after camping 2 week-ends with the new 5er, realize how much we miss the outside stove.

So, considering the new camper has the outside quick disconnect, I've been searching the internet and watching YouTube videos, and even searched these forums and can't find any specifics about which stove would work well with this set up. So thought I'd just go ahead and bounce it around here.

We are not looking for a BBQ grill. We are looking for a stove. 2 or 3 or 4 burner. It must be a low pressure and should have the quick disconnect gas hose (or I suppose I can add an extension to make the hose longer). I did find the quick disconnect 3 and 4 foot extension hose.

So, I'm tossing it out to the forum members... If you have a 2, 3, or 4 burner outside low pressure gas stove that you use with your RV quick disconnect, what kind of stove (brand and model) are you using. And it might help if added where you got it from.

Any and all info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
10 REPLIES 10

red31
Explorer
Explorer
The road trip grill has a low pressure regulator set to the standard 11"wc, a coleman stove has a high pressure regulator set to 15psi.

This implies the operating pressure of the grill is 'low pressure' and the stove is regulated high pressure.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
red31 wrote:
my coleman propane stove operates @15psi so the regulated low pressure quick connect on the side of a trailer would not work!

plenty of camp chefs operate @ regulated low pressure, not their mountain series!
as suggested on their rv connection hose accessory.
https://www.campchef.com/rv-connection-hose.html

It appears to me that in this video they are replacing a 5430 regulator on a Coleman Roadtrip to a low pressure quick connect. Watch the Converta C video.
click
Should work with other products regulated by a 5430.

On EDIT!!!!
Found this that does same thing but says only for Road Trip.
click
Maybe you can't use this for other Coleman stoves ๐Ÿ˜ž
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dutchmen.....get a Campchef.

I have been using the 3 burner Expedition for about 5 years....awesome. Especially if you get the steel griddle for cooking breakfast.

Its not cheap, and a little on the heavy side but the 30K btu burners are awesome.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

red31
Explorer
Explorer
my coleman propane stove operates @15psi so the regulated low pressure quick connect on the side of a trailer would not work!

plenty of camp chefs operate @ regulated low pressure, not their mountain series!
as suggested on their rv connection hose accessory.
https://www.campchef.com/rv-connection-hose.html

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. This makes it a lot easier! I didn't realize pretty much any kind will work, just don't use the included regulator. Thanks! Guess what I'm searching for tomorrow after work? Dicks Sporting Good, Cabelas, The new Gander Mountain, and even WalMart! Well, not all in one day. It will be 2 week ends before we take the camper out again. I do drive right by Dicks and Cabalas on my way to and from work every day and WalMart is just down the road from my office.

Jay_Pat, this is very much the kind we are looking for! Thanks for the tip.

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
3 burner stove
I do not have this stove.
You would have to connect with your low pressure line.
Don't use the regulator.
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just remove the camp stoves regulator and rig up the connection to connect directly to your RV. Your RV is using it's regulator to control the pressure.

Any gas stove out there is technically "low pressure"... They just all come with their own regulators so you can connect them to those little 1 lb cylinders or any 20 lb or larger cylinders..

Good luck!

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Basically any stove with a regulator you can remove/bypass will work. If the controls and regulator are built into a single doohicky that also attaches to the propane can or cylinder, you're out of luck. I think most multi-burner stoves or grills would be more or less straightforward to convert (depending on how accessible the regulator is, and how it connects to the rest of the unit).

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
This works on both, my Blackstone griddle and Coleman propane stove. You just don't use their regulator. I think it should work for most regulated stoves.
click
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I believe any propane camping stove would work. You might have to get a special hose to hook up to your trailer.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE