cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Low Pressure Propane not Working

fhendricsen
Explorer
Explorer
Just took my 1997 Starcraft pop out for the first time. It has a low pressure stove and I purchased a Camco Olympian 5500 portable grill that has a low pressure connection. I tried to get the grill to work and there appears to be no pressure/propane coming to it. When I hook up the stove, it works. I then tried my friends grill and his does not work on my camper. I tried the Camco grill on his camper and it works.

So... my grill works on his system but not mine. My stove, furnace, and hot water heater all work on my LP system but the grill does not work.

Any thoughts? I appreciate the help/
7 REPLIES 7

red31
Explorer
Explorer
http://mbsturgis.com/contact

call 'em, hopefully they can explain how to look at the male plug of the stove or the QD on the side of the trailer and read any markings to determine what version QD you have on your trailer.

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
You've answered your own question of why it don't work. The problem is in the connector, may have to replace it.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

fhendricsen
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your input. Here is the description of the product:

The Camco Olympian 5500 Stainless Steel Gas Grill is designed for RV and outdoor use. This high quality lightweight stainless steel barbecue has a large cooking area of 180 square inches. Its cast iron smoker plate is designed to offer the fullest flavor while minimizing grease fires. The stainless steel burner heats up faster, is easier to clean, and resists rust. The grill is quick and easy to assemble. It includes a quick-connect hose and valve to use the low pressure propane supply on an RV or trailer that has a built-in low pressure quick-connect propane connection. The Camco Quick-Connect x ACME propane hose (57629) or Quick-Connect x throwaway propane hose (57628) must be purchased separately to use the grill with a 20 lb propane cylinder or 1 lb throwaway propane cylinder.

Pic of hose

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71euh%2B%2B0k-L._SL1500_.jpg

red31
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully the OP can read the markings on the ole stove male to see if it matches with the new grill. My '96 PU used 5LPN while the new standard is model 250. http://mbsturgis.com/products/mb/natural-gas-quick-disconnects.html

Chris Bryant wrote:
There are a couple of different low pressure quick connectors- I wonder if you have two non matching, and the grill will not trip the shutoff.

jmckelvy
Explorer
Explorer
There might also be a cutoff valve in the line going to the quick connect fitting.
06 RAM 3500,Dually,CTD,Auto(ATS Stage 1),QC,4X4,PacBrake,Spyntec Freespin Hubs,60 Gal Titan Tank,EFI Live, Line-X,Torklifts and SuperHitch,Fastguns
2013 Arctic Fox 990, 275 Watts Solar, 2 Grp 31 AGMs
US Navy 1964-1968, 2-Tour Vietnam Vet

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
There are a couple of different low pressure quick connectors- I wonder if you have two non matching, and the grill will not trip the shutoff.
-- Chris Bryant

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Where/how are you hooking up your grill?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31