Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

magnum hybrid and load support

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

This morning I was using my generator to run the microwave, fridge, and induction cooker. I was "opportunity" charging the battery bank.

These loads caused the inverter to switch to load support mode. I'm quite pleased with that.

However, I managed to run the generator out of fuel. I expected the inverter to simply continue to provide power--but that is not what happened. As the generator stopped the power went off. The Magnum did then provide power--but I was surprized that it was not a "seamless" transfer.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
4 REPLIES 4

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I was not concerned about it being unusual.

Gordon 3--yes ups mode is an option.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
That's too bad ... wonder if it's something they can fix with a software (firmware) update? My non-load support Magnum switches between shore and battery power seamlessly.

There is an option in the ARC that I turned on called "UPS Mode", supposedly heightening the sensitivity of the transfer switch. Does the hybrid have the same option?
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
pianotuna wrote:
I managed to run the generator out of fuel. I expected the inverter to simply continue to provide power--but that is not what happened. As the generator stopped the power went off. The Magnum did then provide power--but I was surprized that it was not a "seamless" transfer.
Had a similar issue with my Prosine 2.0.

The transfer switch would work properly if the 30a plug was pulled from its socket. If I turned off the generators with the plug in, the xfer would be slower and allow the DTV receiver to power off.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
It had to totally reboot to shed load support pianotuna. ie if there arrives a power failure on grid of X milliseconds it will do the same thing. My Trace 4024 has the same characteristic.