cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Maxxair Turbo Maxx control panel

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking about getting one or two turbo maxx covers, the kind with integrated fan installed on my 2013 KZ 200 but the control panel is holding me up.

Firstly, I'm 6 foot 6 and already rub my head on the ceiling while wearing any kind of footwear. I don't like the idea of the Turbo's control panel having to be installed on the lip of the vent trim ring, hanging below the plane of the ceiling.

Secondly, my second vent is inside the shower, and that control panel is going to get wet. I couldn't find any mention of the control panel being water resistant on the manuf. website, so I'm going to assume it is not.

Looking at installation pics provided by someone else, it looks like the control panel connects to the motor using fast-on terminals, so I could make an extension cord for it.

Has anyone mounted their Turbo control panel somewhere other than the vent's trim ring? The install pictures I found didn't show how the electrical supply connects to the control panel, so that part is a mystery for me yet.

Any input is appreciated!
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed
1 REPLY 1

greenrvgreen
Explorer
Explorer
I took delivery of a Turbo Maxx for my bathroom today, and I'm looking at the thermo unit right now. It looks like it's going to hang 1 1/4 inch below the level of the trim ring (garnish), if installed as directed. The unit is actually thicker than that, almost 2 inches to my eye, but it is designed with detents to fit snugly in any corner of the vent.

Before I bought the unit I called Maxxair tech support. I didn't want the thermostat but it was cheaper on Amazon WITH the thermostat. I asked the tech guy if I could delete the thermo and just put a switch in and he said that would be fine, although setting the thermo on max cool would have the same result, constant fan. Presumably, if I did this I would lose the fan speeds and the reversability, FWIW. But for now I'm going to install the thermo and give it a try.

I don't see an issue with installing it on a wall or more remotely, or installing it up into the vent. Just remember you're going to have to run 12v wire to the unit, and then back to the fan. If you install it somewhere other than the vent, you'll want some 1/2X1 inch moulding to make up for the dentent. Yes, it's going to look a little bit thrashed anywhere other than the vent.

Be aware, there's a warning of the thermo that it's going to shut off in temps colder than 20 degrees farenheit. For me, there's plenty of times I need to take a shower when it's colder than 20 outside, so I may end up deleting this thing, or bypassing it.

Good luck!