cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need bigger burner

IBcarguy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new TT that has an outside kitchen that I really like using when cooking up something that I don't want to stink up the trailer like bacon, sausages, etc. It has a refrigerator, small sink and a 2 burner stove that has folding S/S wind screens on it. The problem is the when using a large frying pan I can't center the large pan over either burner. Bottom line is that I would like to get rid of the double burner stove top and put in a larger single burner. So far I haven't been able to find a larger single burner. Anyone out there ever made this conversion and if so, where did you find the single burner? Thanks for any leads....
7 REPLIES 7

scottsnider
Explorer
Explorer
If you do go the butane cooker route don't buy from CW or even Walmart they are a rip off, go to an asian marked they have them much cheaper, I got mine for $15 or sometimes even less, I have 4 of them now. Also the cans of Butane are cheaper, walmart about $2.50 each CW even more, asian store $1.25 each some times 4 for $4. just something to think about.

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure this is way bigger than you wanted, but I purchased a Camp Chef grill. The legs come off and you can put it in a bag. I just bring a propane tank from my grill at home. This will hold any pan you want to put on it. I paid about $100

2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
I was recently working on my sons SS BBQ grill. Looking at the replacement parts online, the side burner was brass, stainless, and chrome plate cast iron. It looked real well made.

May be able to get something that would adapt in a replacement part. It was a brand Lowes sells.

The replacement parts probably aren't as cheap as the black one above for $11.
Joe and Evelyn

grizzzman
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of choices just look
2019 Ford F150 EcoBoost SuperCrew
2016 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S. TM2030 SC2030
640 Watts Solar. Costco CG2 208 AH and Lifepo4 3P4S 150 AH Hybrid. ElectroDacus. Renolagy DC to DC charger. 2000 Watt Inverter.
Boondocking is my Deal

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Back quite a few years ago when I was a boy scout one of the scoutmasters had welded up a large cooking burner based around a (household) gas water heater burner. For heating up a large pot of water for soup or dishwashing, it was impossible to beat. He did say he had to reduce the size of the orifice several times to get the heat output down to a somewhat reasonable level.

This might be a bit more than you're looking for. Grizzz's little burner is probably better for normal sized camping groups.

IBcarguy
Explorer
Explorer
Hmm, interesting find. I might be able to remove the legs and adapt it to the stainless stove housing somehow. I'm pretty good at fabricating things to work. I can't believe it's only $11. Thanks for the idea.

grizzzman
Explorer
Explorer
Google search
2019 Ford F150 EcoBoost SuperCrew
2016 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S. TM2030 SC2030
640 Watts Solar. Costco CG2 208 AH and Lifepo4 3P4S 150 AH Hybrid. ElectroDacus. Renolagy DC to DC charger. 2000 Watt Inverter.
Boondocking is my Deal