cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No 12v power to Motorhome?

dad4papa2
Explorer
Explorer
Hey folks I have a question about the 12 volt system on my 96 Damon Intruder.
I have shore power and Generator Power and everthing works ok, however when I Unplug and not run the Generator my 12V system does nothing.
I will say that my batteries do need replaced but I set up my Charger and put a good charge on the batteries and still no 12v system working at all.

A few years ago I put an Xantrex converter in place of the old 6300 magnetek and absolutely loved it. Not once did my batteries overcharge and boil them out!!!
Question is When I plug into shore power I used to be able to hear the converter fan kick in when the batteries needed a bit of charge and now I can not get it to kick on at all.
Where do I start??
I have tested all the fuses inside the Mh and all the breakers and they seem to be working fine.

I put a volt meter on what I believe is the wires coming back from the batteries and get a wierd 30v??

On the control board itself should I be able to find a 120v power to the board and then a 12 to 14 volt going to the battery section??

Hope this makes since.

I did check the little disconect switch in the battery compartment and it seems to be fine.

thanks for any input, as I'm now at a loss!!
Dad
Living The Dream- Not full timing but wintering in Texas
Lifes So Short--Let's go Rv'ing :W
16 REPLIES 16

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Agree, 30 VDC makes no sense. Even if the 12 VDC batteries are wired in series instead of parallel like they should be, that would suggest that each battery is at 15 VDC???

12 VDC batteries at rest will not exceed 13 VDC each. And, no 12 VDC charger would be able to charge to 30 VDC unless badly malfunctioning.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

dad4papa2
Explorer
Explorer
As an after thought I have two wires on the control board that is labled Bat Pos and the Other as Bat Neg. I put my meter on these and it shows 30V. ?? Why this is as I have 2 12 volt system for house batteries.
Dad
Living The Dream- Not full timing but wintering in Texas
Lifes So Short--Let's go Rv'ing :W