cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

no water coming out of faucets

sign_man
Explorer
Explorer
filled up the tank turned on pump but no water coming out. the pump stays on any suggestions
"The ultimate camping trip was the Lewis & Clark expedition"

2015 palomino puma 30'rkss / 2008 toyota tundra 5.7
26 REPLIES 26

Desertboy
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like you have a small leak somewhere in the pump and so its not building enough pressure to shut off/ or air in a line. These pumps are like the pumps on our agricultural sprayers, when they reach a certain pressure they cut off until you open faucet. So if you have some air trapped in a line it will keep pumping until it compresses that air and reaches the shut off pressure. It will reach the shutoff pressure much quicker with no air in lines because you cant compress a liquid. So if air is trapped in the line its not reaching the max pressure. Sounds like you have air trapped in a line somewhere. Can air be trapped in the hot water heater. Because it sounds like quiet a lot.
1969 AVION
3/4 12 VALVE

Freightliner/24' Flatbed 50,000 miles/ Titan 4000 receiver Hitch, no Mods needed.

sign_man
Explorer
Explorer
Led 67 wrote:
sign man wrote:
sign man wrote:
okay so i connected city water hookup and that worked fine. but when i use the pump it barely pushes water out but yet it still does. just with no pressure and the pump wont shut off

okay the pump stopped after 10 minutes and when i turned the water on water came out for a short time with good pressure but then stopped giving water and the pump would not shut off again

From the above post I would say you either have a pump going bad or possibly the pressure valve is malfunctioning

yes probably. water comes out with good pressure until it runs out of pressure and then takes about 5minutes to stop

Led_67
Explorer
Explorer
sign man wrote:
sign man wrote:
okay so i connected city water hookup and that worked fine. but when i use the pump it barely pushes water out but yet it still does. just with no pressure and the pump wont shut off

okay the pump stopped after 10 minutes and when i turned the water on water came out for a short time with good pressure but then stopped giving water and the pump would not shut off again

From the above post I would say you either have a pump going bad or possibly the pressure valve is malfunctioning

sign_man
Explorer
Explorer
sign man wrote:

sign_man
Explorer
Explorer

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
It happened once to me. Pump kept loosing it's prime. Replaced pump and all is now well.

Rickkessler54
Explorer
Explorer
we had the same problem with our camper the very first time out, ever. we thought we were doing something wrong so we took it back to the dealer to check it out. Turned out that when we filled the fresh water tank there was sand in the water. The dealer ended up putting a new filter in and solved the problem.

Helimech
Explorer
Explorer
Helimech wrote:
Bad pump, Check Valve, Winterizing valve closed, Plugged water line?

Is it busy filling up the WH?

Wow, I didn't think of that one.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Filling up WH is one of the things.

Check pump inlet side for any air leaks

Open the closest faucet and expel the air in lines
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Is it busy filling up the WH?

Alfred622
Explorer
Explorer
1) do you have a low point drain just after the pump? If so open it and turn pump on - that will tell you if pump is pumping. If not, then it could be a problem with the pump or prime.

2) Can you run city water under pressure into your TC? That will tell you if the plumbing to your faucets is good.
Alfred
2005 Sightseer with Workhorse, ReadyBrute Elite towing 2003 Honda CRV
Map below shows states where we actually camped.....

Helimech
Explorer
Explorer
Bad pump, Check Valve, Winterizing valve closed, Plugged water line?