cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Not Almot's Toasted Cheese Sandwich

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have sinned again! ๐Ÿ˜ž I made a toasted cheese sandwich in the most awful way using my "oversized inverter" and wasted tons of energy. I even measured how bad it was as a lesson to others who might be so tempted----be strong out there--stronger than I ! ๐Ÿ˜ž

Before starting:( mid-day, sun out, blue sky, solar on)

14.4v, 7.1a charging, -1.24 AH on the clock.

Started toaster from 2000w MSW inverter:
13.1v down to 12.4v, -40.9a,---- toaster pops:
13.1v, 18.3a charging, -3.12AH on the clock.(back to -2.59 before MW)

Butter toast, insert cheese, stick in MW for 30 seconds:
12.5v, -88.0a, -2.99 AH after 30secs.

Cost to Planet Earth: 2.99-1.24 = 1.75 AH. (the shame is hard to bear)

Ate sandwich anyway. Looked at Trimetric while wiping crumbs off face ( I am a tidy sort of sinner)
14.3v, 5.7a charging, -0.23AH. on the clock.

Hey that's more than before I made the sandwich. Almot will strike me down anyway...I was so bad. Sob! ๐Ÿ™‚

Just before posting this soon after:
13.7v (controller float) , 3.6a charging, 0.51 AH (it is going "over" today, so will reset AH later on)
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.
25 REPLIES 25

mena661
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
I think the sandwich testing method needs some refinement.
We don't know what type of bread or cheese were used, whether the cheese was allowed to melt out of the bead's interior and flow down onto the outside crust, or what ambient temperatures were at time of construction.
Also, crumb wiping time needs to be defined, was it a quick brush with a napkin or was the consumer primping for excessive minutes across the face.
I'm thinking this is where MPPT could have saved the day for green sangie process.

Anyway, thanks for posting, lets us newbs know that short MW use is possible.
LOL!

HiTech
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
We don't know what type of bread or cheese were used, whether the cheese was allowed to melt out of the bead's interior and flow down onto the outside crust, or what ambient temperatures were at time of construction.
Also, crumb wiping time needs to be defined, was it a quick brush with a napkin or was the consumer primping for excessive minutes across the face.
I'm thinking this is where MPPT could have saved the day for green sangie process.

x2 ๐Ÿ™‚

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
BFL13 wrote:
This was originally supposed to be about AH to make a simple sangie.

30 seconds is nothing. Reheating a medium-sized portion from 40F to hot, with a cup of milk to lukewarm temp will take 300 seconds. Repeat this 6 times - 2 people 3 times a day - then you will see. And this isn't any "cooking" yet.

BFL13 wrote:
Almot thinks MW dries things out. Obviously hasn't tried to bring a batch of Kentucky Fried Chicken and Chips back to life in a MW! Seriously lame results. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Blew up? It does this to meat sometimes. Too much energy absorbed in too short time, and at different rates in different areas of the chunk. Reheating should be done slowly, not in MW.

westend
Explorer
Explorer

'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
This was originally supposed to be about AH to make a simple sangie.

Unfortunately, I did not realize that a toasted cheese sangie counted as "ethnic food" for Americans, and had to be done a certain way. Sorry about that.

The photo above looks the same as mine though. Perhaps it was "Photo shopped."

Almot thinks MW dries things out. Obviously hasn't tried to bring a batch of Kentucky Fried Chicken and Chips back to life in a MW! Seriously lame results. ๐Ÿ˜ž

However, no problem with the toast. "Try it, you'll like it!" and, "You are what you eat."
Photo in Profile

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
Did the MW make the toast soft?

Since when MW makes anything soft, I wonder. It dries food out, cooked meals - soft before - become rubberized, losing all the juices.

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use butter flavored Pam. Spray the pan and just before the flip spray the top. Better coverage and healthier. Cant taste the difference.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

camperpaul
Explorer
Explorer
mena661 wrote:
2oldman wrote:
In the frypan is how I was taught. Butter outsides of bread. mmmm
X2 and it doesn't get soggy. Try it sometime. it's pretty good. Use butter not that spread crap.

Paul
Extra Class Ham Radio operator - K9ERG (since 1956)
Retired Electronics Engineer and Antenna Designer
Was a campground host at IBSP (2006-2010) - now retired.
Single - Full-timer
2005 Four Winds 29Q
2011 2500HD 6.0L GMC Denali (Gasser)

sc3283
Explorer
Explorer
its summer time and these RVs have large windshields and dashboards for a reason...baking and warming food! ๐Ÿ˜‰
04 D-Max Crew Dually

96 Monaco Dynasty 36'

mena661
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
X2 and it doesn't get soggy. Try it sometime. it's pretty good. Use butter not that spread crap.

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Time to move this to the Camp cooks forum where they will defend me to the death (or not ๐Ÿ˜ž )
Photo in Profile

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
No, it's not soggy.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ok you are talking about those soggy fried bread things. I mean toast. You have to eat it right away or it is just fit for breaking up to feed the ducks.

In the toaster/ MW method you can still put in some bacon from the frying pan (or the MW, where-ever you do the bacon) it is just not soggy when you go to eat it. ๐Ÿ™‚
Photo in Profile

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman