Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Progressive ind VS TRC?

I am getting a hard wired surge guard, and was wondering about these two brands, the progressive ind one is a hardwired one, like the TRC is.(30 amp) I have heard about the TRC one "humming" but haven't heard of the progressive one ever doing it. I...

suprz by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Timken bearings...when would you repack?

Installing the Titan Disc brakes on my trailer, using Timken bearings and Mobil 1 synthetic grease....here is my question for y'allSince I don't have to pull the hubs to check brakes, I used Timken bearings and good synthetic grease...when should I r...

Learjet by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Why ABS instead of PVC?

I have noticed that all the DWV plumbing in my MH is ABS plastic. Is there a technical reason why ABS is used exclusively? Is it just that ABS costs about 1/2 of what PVC costs? If I redo a goodly portion of my drain system can I use PVC, which is mu...

Portable flux wire welder recommendation

We do a lot of boondocking and off roading so I carry an 80 amp wire flux welder. It's too small even for around the house.Not sure if a 130A will be much better especially on 115volt but it won't break the bank.130AI like this one since it's dual vo...

JusBud by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Heng's roof coating application

I have some Heng's rubber roof coating to put on my fifth wheel when the weather breaks. I had thought about taping the metal trim for a nicer looking job but have also considered putting the tape on the actual wall and painting the trim also. That...

120 not working on some outlets

I have a 1995 Newmar Country Star with 22000 miles.. I am the original owner. My 120 plug for my refrig was not working so I used an extension code to plug it into my outlet outside near the frig. Everything worked ok. So I couldnt find why the ...

acramer by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto Gen feature disappeared? SOLVED!

I have a 10k Onan genset with the Energy Command 30 control panel in my 2009 American Tradition. I recently replaced the house batteries and shortly after that I have notice the auto gen function on my energy command 30 in gone. If I press the auto g...

Wfco power center going bad?

Hello everyone. So the day I bring the camper home from getting greased and brakes (cause I blew the seals out) I noticed the camper was dead. It was off the shore line for a week. Didn’t think much of it, plugged into truck, hooked up and brought ho...

stew47 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

5th Wheel a.c./heat pump and Z-Wave Thermostat

I am getting ready to replace the rooftop a.c. units (2) on my 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback G2 5th wheel with heat pumps. 1 is ducted (main) and 1 is non-ducted (bed room). I am wanting to use Z-Wave thermostats with the new heat pumps. The trailer is...

gunny74 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Indiana Interstate Services (Cross RV)

Does anyone know if anything has happened to Indiana Interstate Services (Cross RV) in Elkhart? We were hoping to get our unit in for some maintenance work mid March but have been unable to get any response from either emails or phone calls after alm...

gitane59 by Explorer III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Haloview MC7611 viewing with polarized sun glasses

Hello all, I am going to contact Haloview but first wanted to benefit from the knowledge here.I purchased the Haloview MC7611 1080P High Definition 7" Digital Wired Backup Camera System, an extra camera and cables. I wanted wired for the resolution...

fred42 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes