Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Power Converter Replacement for 2007 Keystone Raptor 3814

DavidM49
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I need to replace power converter on my Keystone Raptor 3814. I have a general idea of where it is located but if anyone had the specific location, that would be very helpful. Also, at one time, there was a thread about who to call to ensure I order the correct converter. Any assistance with this would also be appreciated. Thank you!!
Big Dave
2008 F350 Superduty 6.4 TD "Bumbles"
2007 Raptor 3814
2004 Sportsman 700 EFI
2006 YZ125 with 144 Athena Big Bore kit
2008 YZ 85 Supermini 112 Athena Big Bore Kit
2012 YZ250F
2008 KLX450R (Hulk)
2004 DRZ125 pit bike
2 Boys one speed
6 REPLIES 6

DavidM49
Explorer
Explorer
I determined it was bad by when I plugged shore power in, all I get is a loud buzzing. It has happened twice before so I am going from prior experience. My camper has one battery, we usually boondock at MX tracks although we also use campgrounds and plug in. My gen set is a 5500 watt. Hope this helps. Thanks for all the wisdom so far!!!
Big Dave
2008 F350 Superduty 6.4 TD "Bumbles"
2007 Raptor 3814
2004 Sportsman 700 EFI
2006 YZ125 with 144 Athena Big Bore kit
2008 YZ 85 Supermini 112 Athena Big Bore Kit
2012 YZ250F
2008 KLX450R (Hulk)
2004 DRZ125 pit bike
2 Boys one speed

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Best info will be from the group right here.

Post your current converter, number of batteries, camping style, and expectations.
If your generator is smaller than 2000 watts post that too.

Otherwise I generally recommend a PD4645 will work well for most.
www.bestconverter.com/PD4645-45-Amp-Converter-Upgrade-Section

SkiSmuggs
Explorer
Explorer
BestConverter.com can help you with that. They have a direct replacement for the WFCO converters as well.
2015 F350 XLT PSD 6.7 Crew Cab, Andersen Ultimate hitch
2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS 5th wheel, Mor/Ryde pinbox, 300w of solar

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
what royb said,

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
You need to find out what the model number and brand is for your current converter charger unit.

Also curious how you have determined that the converter is bad. The way to test the converter is to power it up and read the 13.6VDC at the converter/charger DC OUTPUT terminals. It it reads a constant 13.6VDC with Shore Power ON at the DC OUTPUT terminals then the converter/charger is working normal. Since you don't really know where the converter/charger is you must be using some other method to determine the unit is bad. There are three or four reasons why you may not be charging your batteries when on Shore Power with one being a failed converter/charger unit. Blown fuses, blown REVERSE POLARITY FUSES, loose connections, bad battery terminal connections, Bad Converter/charger unit, Converter/charger unit 120VAC Circuit breaker tripped etc... are a few things that can keep you from charging your trailer battery.

Once you have the brand and part number of your converter/charger unit contact Randy at BESTCONVERTERER and let him identify the best converter/charger for you and hopefully it will be one that will fit your current install location.

Don't let Mr Randy sell you a WFCO product... Progressive Dynamics or IOTA Engineering are two great choices for the Converter/charger units. You will want to get a modern SMART MODE Converter/charger unit.

Depending what Power Distribution Panel scheme you have you may only have to replace the converter/charger unit and not the 120VAC/12VDC Power Distribution Panel.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

mabynack
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Keystone has the converter behind the circuit breaker panel. It was installed in a bracket, so it was important to not only get the right wattage, it also needed to be the same size as the old one. I would suggest you remove the old one before you order the new one.