cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic toilet valave problem

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2015 Keystone Cougar TT with a Dometic toilet. Must have not gotten all the water out of the valve and it froze and broke. I got a replacement valve and out it in. The old valve worked by stepping on it all the way to flush and part way to fill. The new valve opens the flush mechanism no matter how you step on the flush valve. Any suggestions?
16 REPLIES 16

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Mayor30 wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
I should have explained the water valve mount screws. When replacing the original valve, they supply 2 screws to secure the valve tightly to the housing. IF you did not install those screws, it is possible that when attempting to gently push the pedal down, the valve is moving rearward slightly and that causes the water valve to not open until you push more firmly, which will open the Ball valve slightly. If you did install the screws and you did NOT fiddle with the Foot lever, then I would think the new valve is defective and you need to replace it. Doug
OK, that may be the issue. I did not install the screws because the old one did not have screws in it.

Correct. That is why they supply the screws. Doug

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
I should have explained the water valve mount screws. When replacing the original valve, they supply 2 screws to secure the valve tightly to the housing. IF you did not install those screws, it is possible that when attempting to gently push the pedal down, the valve is moving rearward slightly and that causes the water valve to not open until you push more firmly, which will open the Ball valve slightly. If you did install the screws and you did NOT fiddle with the Foot lever, then I would think the new valve is defective and you need to replace it. Doug
OK, that may be the issue. I did not install the screws because the old one did not have screws in it.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
dougrainer wrote:
wa8yxm wrote:
NO. that is not a valve. that's a "T" or to be more precise a :Y: fitting

You just cannot help but being WRONG. That is a Toilet Valve. Doug

Lol, you beat me to it!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
IF the model 310 which is what the Valve listed is for. You push down Slightly to fill and then all the way to open the ball valve and Flush. To the OP, There were 2 screws supplied with the new valve. Those screws are NEEDED to be installed after the original valve is replaced. They keep the valve secured in place as the original plastic clips will not hold the valve securely in place. This style replacement valve should NOT have affected the operation of the ball valve, but if you state that no matter how gently you push down, the ball valve opens, then I would remove the new Water Valve, put vaseline on the end of the stem going inside and then retry. Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
wa8yxm wrote:

You just cannot help but being WRONG. That is a Toilet Valve. Doug

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We had the valve break in the toilet in our mh, don't remember why/how, but were told that a new valve was not available, so we bought a new toilet. Then found and bought a new valve. So for the last couple of years we have a new RV toilet, still in box, sitting in our garage.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mayor30 wrote:
This is the valve

You posted a website url with the img labels.

https://www.ecrater.com/p/32374362/dometic-sealand-vacuflush-toilet-water
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
This is the valve

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try lifting to fill. not pressing down.
As I recall the 310/311 are supposed to lift to fill stomp to flush.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
Are there two cables on the pedal and you have them switched on the valve? So a push to fill is hooked to the flush and vice versa?

Try taking the replacement parts off and look at them again to see if you might have put them on wrong.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
It seems you did not install/hookup properly. If you compared old valve to new, it should be the correct one.

A common model 310 Dometic would operate as described, a light push downward will fill bowl, full down to flush.

Jerry

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
All the Dometic foot flush toilets I've seen you lift the foot flush lever UP with your toe to activate just the fill valve without opening the dump valve.

I just replaced mine with this valve.