cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Propane Leak

Ojibwa53
Explorer
Explorer
Filled left side propane before camping this past weekend, get to resort and smell gas . (Right tank half full) . Checked bottles with soapy water mix (no bubbles) Two stage reglator (main) with single reglator on left. turn offed newly fulled bottle didn't smell gas anymore (purge screw tight). Could the reglator be bad? (2011 5th wheel).
7 REPLIES 7

Ojibwa53
Explorer
Explorer
Changed the single stage regulator, problem solved . Thanks for the replys .

Ojibwa53
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info, didn't check the single stage regulator, will check tomorrow .

doughere
Explorer
Explorer
I've had a tank that would not connect properly sometimes, had to replace.

Helped a friend with his leak, was leaking from the vent on the regulator, replaced.

Doug

doughere
Explorer
Explorer
oops

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
make sure the hose ison the bottle properly and tight

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Doubtful a real leak fixes itself, so do you suppose it got a touch overfilled and bleeding a little off ? I know, its very hard to even get one full these days, let alone overfilled.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Did you spray the RED regulator..the hose/fittings on the left side cylinder?

That RED regulator is a 30# single stage regulator. Drops cylinder pressure down to 30# and then it goes across to other side and main 2 stage regulator.
The hose that goes across....check it for leaks also
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31