cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Prosine 2.0 Problem

gmctoyman
Explorer
Explorer
I have my MH wired - shore and generator into a xfer switch, the output from tha sw to the input of my Prosine (built in xfer switch). Output from the Prosine to the breaker box. It all works fine....unless I'm on the generator, and put a heavy (A/C) load on, the generator is a little slow taking the load, the Prosine sees the input voltage dip and drops off the feed. The generator catches up, the voltage stabalizes so the Prosine connected again.

Suggestion ?
Dave W. AKA "Toyman"
KE5GOH - On 146.52
RV's ? What RV's ???
Apache Pop-up
Classic GMC Motorhome
07 Leisure Travel Sprinter
Do Boats Count ?
6 REPLIES 6

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds to me like the inverter is trying to momentarily pick up the load (i.e. do it's job) but unable to do so...Is your battery up to snuff and are the cables sized properly (length & AWG)??

3 tons

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
gmctoyman wrote:
put a heavy (A/C) load on, the generator is a little slow taking the load, the Prosine sees the input voltage dip and drops off the feed. The generator catches up, the voltage stabalizes so the Prosine connected again.
I had the same 'problem' but ran it that way for years.

Does your Pro start inverting when it sees the voltage drop?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

dgcarver
Explorer
Explorer
5500 in the RV and about 1500 in the jeep. Ready to go again! Leaving Saturday for the Norsk HostFeast in Minot, ND.
RV - 2011 Winnebago Vista 26P
TV - 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

gmctoyman
Explorer
Explorer
Takk for that DGC, found that in the manual last night, gonna try it today .

You guys ran a few miles this summer !
Dave W. AKA "Toyman"
KE5GOH - On 146.52
RV's ? What RV's ???
Apache Pop-up
Classic GMC Motorhome
07 Leisure Travel Sprinter
Do Boats Count ?

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
I normally have my inverter/charger off. When I would run the generator, I would put the inverter in the "Charge only" mode. This way the inverter will not pick up the load as the generator output sags on each starting of the A/C compressor.

I have user adjustable set points on my inverter via the remote control (I Have a R-6 (or something) remote and M1215 modified sign vave inverter).

By pushing the left two buttons and holding them, I can make adjustments to the inverter in the second screen. I can change the drop out voltage to only 85 volts if I want to.

You can normally set the amperage to 5 amps to 30 amps in 5 amp steps. So if the inverter input is over the set amperage, in my RV, the charger slows it's charge rate while the amperage is close to the set point. However some inverters like the Trace SW 25 12 has the ability to sync with the generator's wave form, add amperage to the output, and then take battery power to meet the output needs. So I am not sure what your sine wave inverter will do to help the load.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

dgcarver
Explorer
Explorer
Dave, have you tried changing the settings for low voltage transfer?

==========================
From the manual:

Low AC Transfer(V):
This is the voltage below which the unit will no longer recognize AC as โ€œgoodโ€,will open the relay, and will attempt to transfer to Invert mode if Invert is Enabled. The range of values is 85โ€“110Vac.

Low AC Transfer (Hz)
This the frequency at which the unit will no longer recognize AC as โ€œgoodโ€ and will attempt to transfer to Invert mode. The range is 40โ€“59Hz.
===================================

Try setting these to the lowest values. When the A/C starts it will draw in excess of 30 amps for a very short time which pulls down the generator voltage and slow down the motor (hertz). Setting the values to minimum might allow time for it to recover without switching the inverter auto transfer switch.
RV - 2011 Winnebago Vista 26P
TV - 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland