Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

ancient norcold door seal?

Over the years I have saved $$ by having an older 5wheel, however now when I need a few parts its going to catch up. (maybe)Has anyone had any luck locating older parts for norcold fridges?I wish to locate a door seal for a norcold 600 series spec...

dobbr by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

ABS Module/Pump

So my ABS Pump is leaking on my motorhome. I have searched eBay, Googled and several salvage yards.. I have the 2000 Ford F53 V10 and there are no posts for parts. Are there any parts interchangeable between the other Ford F Series line that might...

wjptech by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cooling problems

SO I have a Dometic Rooftop mounted AC unit, run by thermostat. Yesterday night I had it set to Auto and 72. In the middle of the night I woke up hot. I then set it to low/manual, compressor came on and ran for about 20 minutes, then compressor and f...

Fridge runs on AC but not LP

It is an RM2607 about 23 years old. Runs fine on AC but not on gas. Has the Dinosaur Electronics control board. Cleaned out the orifice soaking it in alcohol. Cleaned the burner tube. Ignitor works. Replaced the thermocouple. Could be the gas ...

ctgsocal by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacing Old TV

I have a 15 year old Everest FW with an old style TV. I'm thinking about replacing the TV and DVD player with a flat screen and Blue Ray. The TV is currently mounted in a large opening in a cabinet. The question is, has anyone done this replacemen...

mabynack by Explorer II
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Slide wouldn't go out for 2nd time

TT in signature, LR slide has not gone out twice this season a couple months apart. Both times it was in my driveway and at less than 5* angle towards the front. I know there are different types. I'd say this is electric. A small electric motor and g...

Tail shaft bushing replacement

I have a 2005 Ford E350,v10 with a 5spd Torqueshift transmission that needs the tailshaft or extension housing bushing replaced. Anyone know how? I've done them on GM vehicles but not sure about this Ford.

ernie1 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Need a new Awning...where to buy?

Had a mishap on the weekend and now have 2 rips in my 2 year old awning. It's not worth fixing and needs to be replaced. The awning is made by Solera. I live in Canada but am willing to buy anywhere.I know the standard answer is the dealership, but I...

Replacing Switches (Caution! Nerdy)

Not satisfied with being hip-deep in projects I am looking into replacing the lamp and water-pump switches in Quicksilver with membrane touch switches. They glow orange with about 1.5 ma current, and have touch buttons. Totally environmentally sealed...

storing the MH in winter

we live in the north west. winters are usually mild but wet.last winter was the first time we had needed the drying crystals routine.this winter the MH probably will be in a metal barn.doubt it is heated or insulated.do we still close all vents and u...

anon125 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

No electricity in RV

My 5th wheel (Winnebago Lite5) was parked for a couple of months at my home. It was connected to shore power with surge protector. Fridge quit working so had a new one installed and it worked great parked in the driveway. On this trip, turned on frid...

PWM Radiator Fan Control (Done Right)

I came across this on eBayhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/PWM-50-Amp-Controller-for-Electric-Radiator-Fans-Cool-Down-Timer-Made-in-USA-/232031765126?hash=item36062bc286:g:7k8AAOSw6n5Xs0jE&vxp=mtrVariable speed control undoubtedly means much improved fan moto...

Why is my Solar Charge Controller Clicking???

Hi Guys, I have a fairly new ASC 16A Controller that has been (and I hope still is) working great for the past 3 months since I installed it new. I plan to install a batt monitor when finances allow but I'm full time and it is expensive out here as ...

Magnum MS Inverter Question

I bought a Magnum MS2012 pure sine inverter and had Camping World install it. Their service was predictably bad, but it looks like the tech did a good job. This is beyond my DIY skills, so I needed to get professional help.Here's my question. I ha...