cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rand Mc Nalley

Busdriver
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don’t see much posted about rand Mc alley gps units, they have a fairly new unit with a built in dash cam. Pro’s or Con’s

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS
6 REPLIES 6

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
As I stated earlier there was a problem with charging circuit in early models.
Remeber to get the life time updates, no matter what GPS you get.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
The Rand units are generally considered to have the best built in Campground directory.
Early (a couple years ago) units had problems bricking (dying after a few weeks)

The Garmin's have a better rep for the user interface.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

cliffy49
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the RVND7 which I believe was new last year. Used it for my trip to Florida last year and it worked fine. Last year it would not download GS trip router but I think that may have been changed.

The only thing I did not care for was the fact that it seemed to notify you of POIs at the last moment making it difficult to exit the interstate safely. Really not a problem if you pay attention to the signs along the road telling you what is at the exit, but would be nice if trying to plan ahead.
cliffy49
2016 F150 Ecoboost & max tow (Gone)
2021 Silverado Custom 2500HD
2018 Catalina TH26 Toy hauler

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
We have the built in model with camera and had a lot of trouble with it freezing and having to reset it. While upgrading the software to see if that would help I got a message that my Scandisk card might be part of a recall. I called and they checked the number and it was recalled and they sent me a new one. The guy on the phone said the #1 problem with s bad card is freezing. The new card is in and working but I've only driven around locally.

I like the big display and the options.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

sneakygroundbuz
Explorer
Explorer
i have the trucker version
love it,never had a problem with it

but i dont rely 100% on it,as any elec device for directions.it should only be used as a reference.

i use the 4% rule,you must be 4% smarter than anything your working with.

i have heard that the camera in that tablet isnt that great,and you have to turn the whole unit to get the camera to point where you want it.
which in turn means you may not get the best view of the nav screen while driving.
also have heard that the elc magnetic mount isnt that great for charging,and most folks have to run a seperate power cord to the unit to keep it charging during use

was going to upgrade to it,glad i didnt because it sounds like would have been a downgrade instead

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
We have an early 7710(?). We had so send it in under warranty as it would not boot up. Found to be issue with charger circuit. They replaced the circuit. It has worked great ever since. Big thing is that it takes a good 2 amp charger.
It has some functions we like for finding campgrounds. You can choose type of campground or show all.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker