cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Refrigerator does not switch to electric

Diane_and_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Seabreeze Class A. The refrigerator works fine on gas but when I switch it to auto, it does not switch over to electric. Any ideas why??
Thanks, Diane
5 REPLIES 5

Diane_and_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you so much, I took the outside panel off and there it was...unplugged. The plug must have just come loose. This forum is great! Saved me a lot of money and humiliation. It works fine!
Yea!
Diane and the dachshunds

eldondo
Explorer
Explorer
When I first turned on my fridge, it would not go to electricity, just gas, I tried for a bit, no change. I decided to let it go on gas for maybe 30 minutes or an hour. Went back and touched ac, it flipped back and forth rapidly about two times, then stayed on ac, then the temp in freezer dropped to 0 f.

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
boogie_4wheel wrote:
Remove the access panel on the back of the fridge (on the outside of the rig) to verify power at the outlet/plug for the fridge.

Then if it has power, remove it and check the electric element for continuity. If is open you will need a new element.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

boogie_4wheel
Explorer
Explorer
Remove the access panel on the back of the fridge (on the outside of the rig) to verify power at the outlet/plug for the fridge.
2005 2500 Cummins/48RE/3.73, QCLB, 4wd, BigHorn, Edge Juice w/ CTS + Turbo Timer,Transgo Shift Kit ISSPro Oil and LP pressure gauges, GDP 20/2 filters, Custom Diesel Steering Box Brace
'10 Forest River Shockwave Toy Hauler 21'
Honda EU3000I Genny

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
First, make sure the outlet it is plugged in to has power- the most common problem is a tripped gfi outlet.
Next, there will be a fuse on the circuit board- these fuses will just fail, and not blow.
-- Chris Bryant