cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

removing rv decals

snowpeke
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to know how to remove decals of my 2002 Sprinter 5th wheel. They are peeling off and would look better with them gone!
2002 Chevy DuraMax
2014 jayco eagle
Two Pekingese dogs
10 REPLIES 10

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer

Try an archives search - Decal (and vinyl) removal -and "ghost" cleanup - has been on the TT, MH, 5th - forums a lot over the years.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I would use something like this Vinyl remover or at least experiment with it before getting out the scrapers and heat gun.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
+1 with ScottG
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Use a heat gun and once you get an edge lifted, keep the heat about 8~10" away and just keep pulling the decal off. If you pull it directly back onto itself then it wont leave much, if any, adhesive behind.
Keep in mind that it will leave a ghost image of the decal behind. Whether that looks better than the failing graphic is hard to say.

snowpeke
Explorer
Explorer
Watched the video, looks like a week project!
2002 Chevy DuraMax
2014 jayco eagle
Two Pekingese dogs

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I used a heat gun, plastic scraper, and 3M adhesive remover.

Grandpere
Explorer
Explorer
Heat gun, PLASTIC razor blades, and lots of elbow grease. Then use acetone to remove the glue residue. The eraser wheels are useful, but not the total answer. They work best on narrow stripping. Here is a link to a useful you tube video put out by Laura & Sasha RV Decal Removal
Berniece & Russell Johnson
Lil'Bit, a Netherland Dwarf Rabbit
1987 Southwind
1995 Ford F150 Supercab

Life in the fast lane? No thanks, we will stop and smell the flowers at every opportuity

revump
Explorer
Explorer
I took mine to Alfateers. They do it on a regular basis.
Bob

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Heat gun and razor blades, also 3M makes a tool that mounts on a drill that is suppose to work well.