cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roof vent Cracked

pbitschura
Explorer
Explorer
Roof vent in bathroom needs replacing. It looks to be about 14" sqaure. It also houses the fan unit. Can I find a lid replacement for Mallard '88-C or is there a universal replacement? I would think it could be as simple as some hinge pins or ....! I'd hate to pull the entire fixture as I did a pretty good "eternabond" flashing last year.
2020 Braxton Creek 24fb travel trailer
11 REPLIES 11

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
pbitschura wrote:
Matched the hinge type and I have one one the way from your provided link. Saved on gas and got five trips topside to do the job. Thanks all for your help.

Great,Gotta help out a fellow Chevy owner and with the gas money you saved,more money for Big Margaritas :B
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
pbitschura wrote:
Terryallan wrote:
pbitschura wrote:
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
You should be able to find a lid at any RV accessory store that sells that brand of roof vent.

Note: White plastic or nylon SUCKS as far as longevity exposed to UV in sunlight. Black works best. In horridly hot climates I avoid dark tinted transparent lids.
They want me to remove the cover and bring it in for a match. That looks like I need to remove the entire unit.
I Cant see where I even access the hinge pins without removing the crank hardware. Then seal roof asgainst spring rains, then wait...

You will need to remove the inside shroud, and the hand crank to free the lid from the riser. Then go on top, and slide the lid out of the hinge. Take it to the dealer. Should be between 15, and 25 bucks. Bring it back ,and install it. No need for it to be off for longer than the trip to the dealer
Done and done. You sir, are a genius.

I've done it a few times, Hail, and what not
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

cyntdon2010
Explorer
Explorer
Ebay has It. Don't even have to leave the house
2010 lacrosse T.T 318 bhs 34 ft,blue ox-tow bar,2005 FORD F-150 larait super crew,Firestone ready rite-air bags lift kit

pbitschura
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
HERE is a link to the hinge types that will make it easier to match up the vent covers to the ones that you have. I would suggest getting the Unbreakable Polycarbonate ones with 5 year Warranty. A few bucks more but they really are worth it. A short video

MaxxAir vent covers after you have replaced the vent lids is a great idea they will protect that vent lid and you can open the vent when it is raining.
on how it is done is HERE.Matched the hinge type and I have one one the way from your provided link. Saved on gas and got five trips topside to do the job. Thanks all for your help.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
HERE is a link to the hinge types that will make it easier to match up the vent covers to the ones that you have. I would suggest getting the Unbreakable Polycarbonate ones with 5 year Warranty. A few bucks more but they really are worth it. A short video on how it is done is HERE.

MaxxAir vent covers after you have replaced the vent lids is a great idea they will protect that vent lid and you can open the vent when it is raining.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

pbitschura
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:
pbitschura wrote:
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
You should be able to find a lid at any RV accessory store that sells that brand of roof vent.

Note: White plastic or nylon SUCKS as far as longevity exposed to UV in sunlight. Black works best. In horridly hot climates I avoid dark tinted transparent lids.
They want me to remove the cover and bring it in for a match. That looks like I need to remove the entire unit.
I Cant see where I even access the hinge pins without removing the crank hardware. Then seal roof asgainst spring rains, then wait...

You will need to remove the inside shroud, and the hand crank to free the lid from the riser. Then go on top, and slide the lid out of the hinge. Take it to the dealer. Should be between 15, and 25 bucks. Bring it back ,and install it. No need for it to be off for longer than the trip to the dealer
Done and done. You sir, are a genius.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
pbitschura wrote:
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

pbitschura
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
if you can salvage the lid hinge, take it with you to the RV store. there are about four or five different lids for replacement.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I believe that there are three different hinge/etc. types so take your old one with you when you go to the RV dealer.
bumpy

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer