cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replace old TV with Flat Screen

wjmblm
Explorer
Explorer
I have replaced the old TVโ€™s in our 2000 Pace Arrow motorhome with new flat screens.
Now both (front & back) TVโ€™s will not work. I replaced the front coax cable with a new one and now the front TV works. The back does not. I do not want to run a new coax cable all the way back to the rear TV. Not even sure it could be done.
Does anyone have any suggestion or ideals?
It would be greatly appreciated.
William Moore
2000 Pace Arrow Motohome
10 REPLIES 10

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to Tech Issues forum from DIY for possible additional help.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

okiejoe
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a power assist antenna be sure its turned on.

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
The antenna is the same for analog, digital and digital HD. It is all on the same frequency and that is all that matters to the antenna. That said; digital is more problematic in fringe (weak signal) areas. With digital you will get a good picture or none. No more snowey pictures because the signal is weak.

donaldqt
Explorer
Explorer
Going out on a limb but you might need a HD antenna

wjmblm
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I did go though setup.
Will check the center wire length tomorrow.
William Moore
2000 Pace Arrow Motohome

AUWing
Explorer
Explorer
You did go thru the TV set-up / channel scan right?
2014 Jayco 331RETS
Thermal Pane, Auto Level, Fireplace
2011 Silverado 2500HD EC Regular Box D'Max / Allison
Great wife and a good dog

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
check and see at the cable connector.. older sets only needed a slight center wire contact....

and many of the newer TV's need a cable with the center wire... LONGER.. NO contact . No work.

if this is the case.

buy new ends at walmart.
or locate short extension cables. and install onto you old cable.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Set to antenna feed and then scan for channels. You will need to do a channel scan at each new location.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
are the new tVs set to the correct AV source?
bumpy

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Truly, the best thing to do is to use the outside to TV on post connection cable to troubleshoot. First, connect it to the feed to the front TV right at the back of the tv, run this cable down the pathway through your rig to the bag TV and plug it in. Does it work? It worked fine on the front, so why not work now? Accept that as it is, then disconnect both ends and connect to the feed that is feeding the back TV and run the long cable to the front TV. Does it work? I am thinking you are going to find the back TV is not set up properly, but the feed is just fine. Certainly, if you can run a TV feed directly to the back TV from out a window, and test it that way, that is another method to prove it out.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel