cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shower Drain Leak - Hepvo issue?

DavinD
Explorer
Explorer
We noticed this morning after 9 nights camping that water was dripping from the coroplast. I removed all of the access panels and determined the leak was coming from the shower drain. The shower drain does not appear to be water tight (will post pictures later). However, it shouldn't need to be as it shouldn't be under pressure. The shower drain does not have a P trap and instead has a HepVo trap installed. I removed the trap and noted it was full of soap scum, but nothing really clogging it. I cleaned it out, reinstalled it and my leak went away. The HepVo is directly over my water heater and the leak soaked into the osb shelf for the water heater. Luckily it should dry completely when I get back to AZ.

Ugh.
2018 Coachman Chaparral 381RD

TV - 2013 Ford F350 Diesel SRW 4x4 Short Bed

3 REPLIES 3

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had that issue. What I did with mine was I added a wood block screwed to the floor below the P trap that bears on it and keeps it located on the shower drain stub no matter how rough the roads are. It's residential plumbing stuff and not designed to absorb the roc and roll of travelling. Miost everything inside an RV is residential quality (or less) anyway. Most times less.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Anytime you have plastic threaded joints in an RV, you have the possibility of a leak. The road action seems to loosen them up after some miles. I have a shower trap that doesn't like staying together although I may have that problem fixed, now. I carefully used a large channel lock pliers on the one suspect joint and have not seen a leak, lately.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Nice work!
At least you know what it was, it didn't hurt anything and you got it fixed - cheap!