cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suburban Gas valve - test OHM

Rock2
Explorer
Explorer
I need your help. The gas valve number is 25M16V Type 780. (part number 161109) I ordered from Ebay. The package arrived last Saturday. Anyway I want to test coil to make sure they are working before I replace the old gas valve. I tested terminal number 1 and 2 reads 42 ohms. This tell me it is working. Now next test terminal number 3 and 4 read none? My old gas valve has the same reading. If this is what it should, mean it is possible other problem - like maybe bad circuit card? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Hope to get parts ready to get it fix before gone camping this weekend.
6 REPLIES 6

Rock2
Explorer
Explorer
Anyway, Two weeks ago, I cleaned burner tube with flexible brush, blow orifice (maybe need to soak with alcohol). Still no flame but spark. After 3rd time, shut down. I could feel gas valve "knock sound"

Do you think it is possible has to do with auto changeable regulator near by propane bottles?

Rock2
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
Why not just put 12 volts to the 1 and 4 and ground to 2 and 3. Then gently blow thru the inlet and see if air comes out the outlet???????? FYI, I have NEVER seen a gas valve coil really fail on a Suburban in years. Doug

Thank you Doug! This am I tested the spare gas valve which I bought and sure enuf air blow went thru. I am going to take the circuit card to RV dealer and have them test it. I did not test gas valve on my camper because it is at campground. Will check tmw.

RV_Sam
Explorer
Explorer
Take the coil with resistance off the one they sent you and just replace your open one with it, easy. Then once you get the new one you will have a spare. Bet ya it is the inside one, the one closes to the tank that opened. Put a shield from a flatten pop can or something back there to act as a heat reflector.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Why not just put 12 volts to the 1 and 4 and ground to 2 and 3. Then gently blow thru the inlet and see if air comes out the outlet???????? FYI, I have NEVER seen a gas valve coil really fail on a Suburban in years. Doug

Rock2
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
what is the problem? most times its some thing very simple that shuts things down.

I contacted the seller. He said both coils should show OHMS. So he is going to send me other gas valve. Hope this will solve the problem. Cross my fingers!

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
what is the problem? most times its some thing very simple that shuts things down.