cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tank monitor panel

d1h
Nomad III
Nomad III
I have a tank monitor panel like this in my rv and one of the buttons broke. How hard would it be for me to replace it myself with a new one?
9 REPLIES 9

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
That's a vary nice system, much better than measuring in thirsts. one third, can be almost empty, or quite a bit in the tank. Also it is not very hard to install.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
wa8yxm wrote:
Likely easy to replace but...

Good time to upgrade

https://www.garnetinstruments.com/rv-shop/

YEP. See Level tank monitor upgrade is my favorite upgrade ever.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
valhalla360 wrote:
Assuming you are comfortable splicing wires...should be pretty simple. Just need to disconnect a wire from the old panel and connect it to the new panel then screw the new panel into the wall.

Though honestly, other than fresh water tank, they never work after the first couple uses. If you are trying to fix faulty readings, this won't do anything if they are connected to the same sensors.
Exactly so.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Likely easy to replace but...

Good time to upgrade

https://www.garnetinstruments.com/rv-shop/
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
One wire at a time. Or one toe over the line.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Since it is only the button that is the problem, simply pop out the panel with a tiny flat screwdriver and unplug the wiring. Then plug the wiring into the new panel and pop it back in.

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Assuming you are comfortable splicing wires...should be pretty simple. Just need to disconnect a wire from the old panel and connect it to the new panel then screw the new panel into the wall.

Though honestly, other than fresh water tank, they never work after the first couple uses. If you are trying to fix faulty readings, this won't do anything if they are connected to the same sensors.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Probably not that hard, just depends on where it's mounted and how easy it would be to get to.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"